Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master/slave link
(09-Mar-2015, 22:01)miro Wrote:
(09-Mar-2015, 19:44)amabrok Wrote: Tonight I pulled the trigger on the Audioprana Cable 1.00m (Ag OCC Cryo - RCA Ag Cryo/XLR pure Ag Cryo 75->110 Ohms with body in precious wood Smile

Expected lead time 2 to 3 weeks.

Excited! Smile

Aren't you happy with that RCA-to-XLR adapter followed by an AES/EBU cable?

I am happy with it and it brought a considerable improvement vis-a-vis the RCA-RCA interconnect but i am now in the phase of tweaking all interconnects and i took a leap of faith on Audioprana all silver edition
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
This will make for a very interesting head to head comparison! Keep us posted. (In about a months time I guess!)
(09-Mar-2015, 22:17)Confused Wrote: This will make for a very interesting head to head comparison! Keep us posted. (In about a months time I guess!)

Yes in a month time. I will for sure make a head to head comparison and report back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
Hi All,

I have been experimenting with my own construction RCA-XLR assisted by VHAudios 75 ohm silver coax. That definitely worked better than the RCA-RCA version with the same VHAudio coax and much much better than the supplied Crystal cable. In conclusion the XLR input is mandatory.
Now i took a leap in to the unknown by custom ordering a Cabledyne 75 ohm silver RCA-XLR. Their technical info etc got me interested so I bit the bullet to see if it could add something. Got it today, and already after some hours of settling in the system, it is clear that there is less latency and I have to say, finally, the stereo perspective of a stereo 200 is back or at least a good part closer. My wife commented this instantly. The sound has now a whole better 'togetherness'  and that 'missing' content is no longer present.
My order included Xhadow plugs at both ends.

Or perhaps I am not so good in assembling my own constructions.

http://www.cabledyne.com

Much happier sound wise/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Mike - very interesting, thanks for sharing. Looks like a very nicely-made cable.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(18-Mar-2015, 20:47)thumb5 Wrote: Mike - very interesting, thanks for sharing.  Looks like a very nicely-made cable.

Yes, it is very nicely made! No stiffness, very light, plugs superb in fitting.
Here's a link: http://www.cabledyne.com/rca-xlr-adapter.html
Please note that my XLR plug is the one from Xhadow and not the one in the picture and this is not the 75 ohm version.
Total price incl pp: USD 320

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Mike,

Why didn't you use use the VH Audio AES/EBU cable?ES/EBU

[Image: symmetry-cu-annotated.jpg]
(19-Mar-2015, 00:08)mauidan Wrote: Mike,

Why didn't you use use the VH Audio AES/EBU cable?ES/EBU

[Image: symmetry-cu-annotated.jpg]

Hi,

Before entering the Devialet world I had the 'regular' 75 ohm cable between drive and dac. Then initially with Devialet I used the RCA-RCA set up and then later trying the AES/EBU input on the companion, it was a quick fix. After some thinking, taking the impression from forum contributions and talking to Devialet (Thierry) I came to the conclusion that the input side ie AES/EBU and its transformer would take care of business independent if using a 75 or 110 ohm cable and due to that the signal is 75 ohm (probably not perfect as it is a RCA female) I kept the 75 ohm approach.
On my Unitiserve I use the BNC output with 75 ohm cable and then XLR into the master. This solution gave a welcome hike in performance.

If only Devialet would enable XLR-XLR...

/Mike
(19-Mar-2015, 00:49)Mikeeo Wrote: If only Devialet would enable XLR-XLR...

/Mike

That will be great. I believe in future Expert models devialet will include AES/EBU out on all master units dedicated for dual mono link

Dubai, UAE
(19-Mar-2015, 07:00)amabrok Wrote:
(19-Mar-2015, 00:49)Mikeeo Wrote: If only Devialet would enable XLR-XLR...

/Mike

That will be great. I believe in future Expert models devialet will include AES/EBU out on all master units dedicated for dual mono link

Fingers x:ed!

/Mike