Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max interconnect cable length between 1000 Pro Amps
Not sure if this should be posted in the 1000 Pro thread or here as I currently have a 250 Pro and if I should go directly to the loonie bin for the following question!

I am moving to a new home where the fire place requires placing one of the speakers, 12-14 feet from the 250 Pro Devialet, the other next to the amp. I can purchase a longer Siltech Silver/Gold cable to match what I have come to trust over the last couple of years, (currently pair 8 ft.), or consider....

Acquire a second D-Premier or D250 and upgrade and place one near each speaker and run the interconnect between them, (hidden somehow), in front of the fireplace molding.

Is this just plain stupid thinking or possibly, an option?

Thanks in advance.

Bob
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)
Going dual mono sounds like a great plan.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(05-Feb-2017, 20:09)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Going dual mono sounds like a great plan.

Thanks Pim

Going to take a look around for a used and abused 240/250. Got to find out what the cable length can be if I go that route!
250 Pro Master, Siltech Anniversary Silver Interconnects and Speakers cables, LINN Majik Streamer, Arcam D37 SACD, Mac-mini with Kazoo, JRiver and tested Roon, Speakers, custom build, SEA Exotics, Chord Hugo, HifiMan H1000's. (home is Vancouver, Canada)
I am using a 3 metre connection between my 1000PRO with no problems, this allows me to keep the Devs on the wall behind the speakers with short speaker cables.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(05-Feb-2017, 22:31)NickB Wrote: I am using a 3 metre connection between my 1000PRO with no problems, this allows me to keep the Devs on the wall behind the speakers with short speaker cables.

Thanks Nick, much appreciated.

Bob
(05-Feb-2017, 22:31)NickB Wrote: I am using a 3 metre connection between my 1000PRO with no problems, this allows me to keep the Devs on the wall behind the speakers with short speaker cables.

Nick, is your 3m cable RCA to XLR or RCA to RCA? I am struggling to find a 3m long RCA to XLR cable that works above 96khz sampling rate. I tried Crystal Cable Reference 75ohm and Sweetwater 110ohm and they both go quiet above 96khz because of impedance mismatch. Actually Crystal Cable doesnt even work well above 44khz. I have a 440 Pro.
My cable is a home made RCA to RCA, a friend had some ex BBC 75 ohm coax cable so I made my own with some good quality RCA connectors

UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Audioprana make cables with a transformer, which might work over 3m? It might be worth checking with them, this would need to be a custom item as they are listed as 70cm in length.

http://audioprana.free.fr/catalogue%20ve...0ligne.htm

http://audioprana.free.fr/num%2075-110-buis.htm

http://audioprana.free.fr/75-110_origin.htm
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(07-Feb-2017, 17:16)rafal123 Wrote:

Nick, is your 3m cable RCA to XLR or RCA to RCA? I am struggling to find a 3m long RCA to XLR cable that works above 96khz sampling rate. I tried Crystal Cable Reference 75ohm and Sweetwater 110ohm and they both go quiet above 96khz because of impedance mismatch. Actually Crystal Cable doesnt even work well above 44khz. I have a 440 Pro.

I use Cabledyne RCA-XLR cable but not that long that you need. I have no problem with any sampling rates.

Email Ed Bowman at Cabledyne and see what he have to say about a 3m long RCA-XLR cable if that is going to work. They have a special section just with cables for Devialet and custom makes anything you want. Really good cables and resonable prices.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(07-Feb-2017, 17:16)rafal123 Wrote:

When you say 'goes quiet', is it both channels or just the slave channel?

Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500