Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximum volume
Does anyone else have a problem when opening the new app where it turns the phantoms volume to 100% ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! But it’s pretty random - I don’t know what causes it. It does scare the crap out of my every time it happens.
Yes have happened to me a few times. Totally unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I am sorry to hear this. I hope all of you have contacted Devialet Support.
Hi all
That sounds very worrying - can you please tell me what NEW APP you are referring to?

After a recent experience I always double check the volume control every time I use the Devialet app - I'm hoping you aren't saying that even if the volume control is set at say 35% the phantom's play at 100%.

Can you give a bit more information - eg dos1 or dos2 etc and how you are using the Phantoms?

I had this problem of 100% volume once only but I was messing around with Squeezebox software to see if I could get the IPENG squeezebox app to work so this 'may' have been the cause. I decided to give this one up after the experience  Angry

I'm using:
DOS2 2.9.0
Devialet app v1.10 (10008) which is the IOS (Apple) version.
Phantoms are set to Network Auto with no ethernet cables so must be using PLC or wifi.
I Play music both local and radio using UPNP and Mconnect app (wifi) and sometimes via optical for turntable. I use MinimServer and Plex for my local music.
I did purchase the remote control - (largely because of my 100% volume experience - I wanted to have a quick way to turn the volume down! I'm not recommending the remote - £150 for a volume knob is a bit excessive!)

I do power down my phantoms when not in use - do you guys? Might be significant.

IMHO this is a serious issue please let this forum know any information from Devialet if you could.

kantblue
sue them for putting in danger your hearing
It also happened to me and make me panic, after that I never saw this product the same way i used to and i lost trust.

(18-Feb-2020, 21:31)daibaron Wrote: A while ago I asked Devialet to restrict the limit of the audio volume to avoid unexpected rises that can cause hearing loss.
Like you I was traumatized...
Depending on the app you use the audio volume start is set by the app or by the phantom current audio value.
Phantom = danger...
Please excuse my poor reputation
Funny, it happened to me (for the first time) yesterday. DOS 2.9.0, Devialet iOS app. It went to 100% when I opened the app (ironically, to make the volume higher. But not that higher!)
2x Phantom Silver [Eth] + Remote — DOS 2.12.5
+ Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Ortofon 2M Black) with Pro-ject Tube Box S2 + Swissonic Converter AD 24/192
I think there's a weird problem that may be caused by iOS.
If I open the Devialet app, and then move on to other apps,
iOS will continue to send volume change commands to the Devialet app.
So it's likely you changed the volume for other apps and inadvertently change the volume to Devialet as well.
I don't see this same problem with other apps so it may just be a bad combination of Devialet app and iOS.
As a habit I always force quite the Devialet app after use to workaround this problem.
Hope this helps you too.
No I’m not speaking about the button volumes. What happened is I opened the Devialet app, and without any touch or press, it went up to 100%.
2x Phantom Silver [Eth] + Remote — DOS 2.12.5
+ Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Ortofon 2M Black) with Pro-ject Tube Box S2 + Swissonic Converter AD 24/192
(28-Feb-2020, 21:29)mingfang Wrote: I think there's a weird problem that may be caused by iOS.
If I open the Devialet app, and then move on to other apps,
iOS will continue to send volume change commands to the Devialet app.
So it's likely you changed the volume for other apps and inadvertently change the volume to Devialet as well.
I don't see this same problem with other apps so it may just be a bad combination of Devialet app and iOS.
As a habit I always force quite the Devialet app after use to workaround this problem.
Hope this helps you too.

I think you're right.

IOS passes volume changes to the last app that was playing music.  The Devialet app included.

So if you had the Devialet app open last and come back to the iphone later, having used the buttons for example to raise the ringer volume, it will pass this on to the Devialet app... and there goes your hearing.

Just tried it.

Need to force quit the Devialet app after using it, or just before starting to play music, to prevent this.