Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximum volume
Hi All

I have submitted a request to Devialet about the 'Maximum Volume' issue. I have also asked them if there are any sound quality/remote control issues if I use the Web Configuration to set the maximum volume, I'm grateful that I 'only' have Phantom Classics - it was bad enough when these went to maximum volume - I wouldn't want to be in the same situation with Phantom Golds. I don't think I have ever used my Phantoms over 60% volume in my room.

Can I respectfully ask everyone with this issue to submit a request to Devialet about it - the more of us that mention it the quicker the fix hopefully.

There are a few other possibly related issues appearing on devialetchat now but as others have said I don't quite feel the same way about these speakers which is a great shame.

kantblue
Had been listening to TV happily for a couple of hours at about 30 - optical input to phantom 

Went to turn it down and the app wasn’t recognising the speakers anymore - so had to exit out and reopen 

Much to my horror and my 3 year old daughters terror! the speakers ramped up to 85 when it re-opened!! (Actually I think it was probably 100 and I knocked it down in my random panic at pressing every button on my phone in panic!!)

I have sent a report but that’s really not on!

I sent another report about iOS volume control working with TV but no Tidal - both going into the same optical phantom 

So with the TV I had been using the lock screen to control the App volume I think 

The only thing I can think is the other volume in the control panel was pretty high so I would hear my phone earlier when I was out - around 85%

They really need to sort that out I have seen a few threads I hope everyone is making a report with them!
Read someone’s earlier post
“So if you had the Devialet app open last and come back to the iphone later, having used the buttons for example to raise the ringer volume, it will pass this on to the Devialet app... and there goes your hearing.”

That’s really not good! And I have to say it didn’t happen once with my Kii Three streaming through the same set up. So the Yamaha Musicast App must have had a way to stop any volume issues like that!

So I would have to teach the whole family to remember to turn all the different volume controls of their iPhone down before opening the Devialet and streaming music?

Actually - I have another thread saying that with Tidal the volume buttons and lock screen slider don’t work! Maybe they have stopped it for that very reason?

So in fact it would only be TV that would be a problem because the volume slider does work for that.

I hope Devialet reply with some simple explanation and instructions / solution
Should have kept the Kii Threes. Just saying!
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Ha! Smile
They were bloody good - maybe I’ll get some white ones to suit the lounge better if the Phantoms don’t play ball!
Owner of stereo Golds here. Whoever is responsible for authoring and approving firmware 2.9.0 should be immediately fired. Not only has the actual fidelity of sound been destroyed, with the treble now sounding softer and indistinct, this volume thing is beyond annoying. For example, if the app is open on the iPhone and I plug headphones into the jack, the volume immediately goes to 100% on whatever was playing on the Phantoms, TV, Blu-ray, etc. This shit is crazy. And it takes several seconds before it lowers after the headphones are unplugged. I now have to remember to close the fucking app every time I want to use the headphones. Please fire the idiot(s) involved with 2.9.0.
Ha! Smile Did you send a report about the volume thing with headphones?
Would be great if you can to add up all the complaints and get it fixed!
This is not a new issue, it already existed with DOS 1.
The Phantom is not working as expected and fires 4500W at 108 dB without notice, It's not safe for new born, child, pet, anyone within the range.
Devialet is lacking of responsibility and it's a shame.
Not to mention early adopters of gen 1 that are now unable to upgrade.
Here the customer seems to endorse all this mess very well.
Please excuse my poor reputation
Have any of you had a response from Devialet about the sudden increase to 100% volume?

I was hopeful as I had a request asking for details about my configuration/version etc but since then I have received the following message from Devialet.

"This is a follow up message regarding your request #221806 opened the Mar 1.
Would you please be so kind to let me know if any further information you would like to have, or if I can consider your request as closed.
I look forward to hearing from you soon."

That's all OK its all been fixed - ONLY IT HASN'T - very annoying.

I have replied as you might expect.

Kantblue
(01-Mar-2020, 18:59)kantblue Wrote: Hi All

I have submitted a request to Devialet about the 'Maximum Volume' issue. I have also asked them if there are any sound quality/remote control issues if I use the Web Configuration to set the maximum volume, I'm grateful that I 'only' have Phantom Classics - it was bad enough when these went to maximum volume - I wouldn't want to be in the same situation with Phantom Golds. I don't think I have ever used my Phantoms over 60% volume in my room.

Can I respectfully ask everyone with this issue to submit a request to Devialet about it - the more of us that mention it the quicker the fix hopefully.

There are a few other possibly related issues appearing on devialetchat now but as others have said I don't quite feel the same way about these speakers which is a great shame.

kantblue

I think I fixed the volume issue like this: log in to the speaker´s web site by using the IP-adress of the speaker (check your router) - go to the configuration page and set the maximum volume of the speaker - I reduced it to 50% - it will now never go over this level. Has anyone else tried this?

Regards
Anders