Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Melco arrives tonight !
Happy listening.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I don't have an android device I am afraid. All apple for me......teething problems but nothing to much to concern me yet ?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Awaits your full listening report. Enjoy!
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

First night of listening and well impressed so far. It's funny because I always struggle to hear differences in demos. For me it only happens when I get the chance to sit down and listen on my own, but yes I can hear a difference.
First impressions is it has a fuller bass and definitely a more spacious sound. I loved this about AIR, but this seems to do it better.

Disappointment is the Lumin app, is not really functioning for me. Can't even use a shuffle play facility.
Switched to Kinsky and it's not the best looking app in the world, but it works and that's the main thing. Melco app hopefully will be here soon so this is not a worry.

Off to work and the end of the day can't come quick enough as a full night with my new toy ahead. Funny how a new gadget still gets my pulses racing Big Grin
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(04-Nov-2015, 23:55)Womaz Wrote: I don't have an android device I am afraid. All apple for me......teething problems but nothing to much to concern me yet ?

To bad you dont have an Android because the Bubble app is really good, after using that for a while I think that it is better than Auralics app that the use with the Aries. I tried the Lumin on Android and that did not work at all.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

You need to make sure the 'Settings->USB-DAC->Controller->Mode' is set to '1' to enable Openhome, otherwise it's a very disappointing UPNP experience! The default is '0' but I'm betting the dealer may have changed it?
Also the auto power settings might power it off after 5 minutes with a loud 'click'.

I don't know if you're using Minimserver... The default Twonky server is a bit disappointing IMHO & also annoyingly clears and rescans the database each time you start the Melco from power-up (this is a Twonky 'feature' which they've never provided a setting to disable). Hopefully Melco are going to remediate this fairly soon if rumours of things like Roon are true.
(05-Nov-2015, 08:41)Womaz Wrote: First night of listening and well impressed so far. It's funny because I always struggle to hear differences in demos. For me it only happens when I get the chance to sit down and listen on my own, but yes I can hear a difference.
First impressions is it has a fuller bass and definitely a more spacious sound. I loved this about AIR, but this seems to do it better.

Disappointment is the Lumin app, is not really functioning for me. Can't even use a shuffle play facility.
Switched to Kinsky and it's not the best looking app in the world, but it works and that's the main thing. Melco app hopefully will be here soon so this is not a worry.

Off to work and the end of the day can't come quick enough as a full night with my new toy ahead. Funny how a new gadget still gets my pulses racing  Big Grin

Hi Womaz,

Glad to hear that the Melco seems to be making a difference. Has it had any impact on the "brightness" you were experiencing earlier with your system?

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Congrats Womaz, its always a nice feeling when you want to rush home to listen Smile

(05-Nov-2015, 09:32)Rufus McDufus Wrote: …... Hopefully Melco are going to remediate this fairly soon if rumours of things like Roon are true.

Rufus - care to expand on the Roon situation with Melco????? I'd ruled the Melco out, but that would be of real interest to me...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I think I may be talking rubbish. I'm sure I saw a mention somewhere about Melco and Roon but I can't find it. Disregard and put it down to my memory loss!
(05-Nov-2015, 11:30)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I think I may be talking rubbish. I'm sure I saw a mention somewhere about Melco and Roon but I can't find it. Disregard and put it down to my memory loss!

Big Grin

If anyone does have contact with the Melco developers, it would be great to know if they're considering it….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<