Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messages to Devialet
(01-Jan-2021, 14:14)weberan Wrote: My upgrade of the d premier to 250 needed something like 4 weeks: I will give it a try, as I have a second amp as replacement.
Before Christmas, I actually got feedback, that there would be a pickup on or after the 4th of January!!

Mine took 4 weeks, Australia to France and back included. I was happy that their estimate was correct.
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
Hello,
I have 2 white Devialet Expert Pro 1000, I have been through every update over the years and invested a lot of money.

Sound and function I am absolutely satisfied with the devices. But now a mishap has happened to me. A lid of the cable cover fell off me and at one corner the white paint is damaged and chipped.

I have contacted Devialet with the request for repair or purchase of a new cover. After much back and forth writing, I finally got the statement that the white devices have been a special series and there is no possibility of repair. You can convert the devices in chrome devices, which would cost several thousand euros.

Honestly, it can not be that one buys a company devices for a high 5 digit euro amount and then you get no help. What I find even worse is that no one told me before buying.

That's about the same as when you buy a Mercedes S-Class and get told at a small paint damage, sorry but we can only repaint the entire car, because there is your paint color unfortunately no longer.

Does anyone of you have an idea ?

And by the way, a healthy New Year to you all!

VG
Andi
Well, I have a small Porsche which had a few small scratches due to stone chips on the bonnet. This required the bonnet and the wings repainting plus blending to correct. I used a local company and saved myself several thousands of pounds but it was still a wallet lightening exercise.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(03-Jan-2021, 10:29)andi1766 Wrote: Hello,
I have 2 white Devialet Expert Pro 1000, I have been through every update over the years and invested a lot of money.

Sound and function I am absolutely satisfied with the devices. But now a mishap has happened to me. A lid of the cable cover fell off me and at one corner the white paint is damaged and chipped.

I have contacted Devialet with the request for repair or purchase of a new cover. After much back and forth writing, I finally got the statement that the white devices have been a special series and there is no possibility of repair. You can convert the devices in chrome devices, which would cost several thousand euros.

Honestly, it can not be that one buys a company devices for a high 5 digit euro amount and then you get no help. What I find even worse is that no one told me before buying.

That's about the same as when you buy a Mercedes S-Class and get told at a small paint damage, sorry but we can only repaint the entire car, because there is your paint color unfortunately no longer.

VG
Andi

In the U.K. there are firms who will come to your property and repair car paint damage with good results. Do you have anything like that where you are located? They may be able to help you. Failing that, it may be easy to take your cover to a professional paint refinisher to have the colour matched and resprayed.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(04-Jan-2021, 09:44)Axel Wrote:

VG
Andi

In the U.K. there are firms who will come to your property and repair car paint damage with good results. Do you have anything like that where you are located? They may be able to help you. Failing that, it may be easy to take your cover to a professional paint refinisher to have the colour matched and resprayed.

Won't work! I thought that might be a solution to the scratches on the bonnet of my Porsche - they would not touch it!
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

(04-Jan-2021, 12:04)Gerronwithit Wrote:
(04-Jan-2021, 09:44)Axel Wrote:

VG
Andi

Won't work! I thought that might be a solution to the scratches on the bonnet of my Porsche - they would not touch it!
Errrm... how does the bonnet of your Porsche relate to the cable cover on a Devialet? Did they tell you why they wouldn’t touch it? Just wondering.... Huh
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
the question for me is more: is it really paint or some other coating ?
If it is simply painted then surely someone can fix that. If it is a special coating it could be difficult. In this case Devialet could provide at least some exact information and maybe the company who did the coating.
(05-Jan-2021, 09:49)Axel Wrote:
(04-Jan-2021, 12:04)Gerronwithit Wrote:
(04-Jan-2021, 09:44)Axel Wrote: In the U.K. there are firms who will come to your property and repair car paint damage with good results. Do you have anything like that where you are located? They may be able to help you. Failing that, it may be easy to take your cover to a professional paint refinisher to have the colour matched and resprayed.

Errrm... how does the bonnet of your Porsche relate to the cable cover on a Devialet? Did they tell you why they wouldn’t touch it? Just wondering.... Huh
I approached several of these scratch repair companies and they rightly said and knew that they could not provide an invisible, blended in repair on the bonnet. The companion to my 1000 was completely cloudy on arrival and Devialet replaced the whole thing very quickly. Actually it was a Companion and I got a second 250 as is the case now, but that is a different story. 

If you want to go for a “touch up” on very expensive pieces of equipment and art such as the Devialet Export casing, then good luck.

What annoys me so much is simply that Devialet simply pulls out of the affair (is a special series, unfortunately you can not do anything). Yes but unfortunately no one told me at the time that it is a special series.

Simply paint certainly does not work, because the lid of the structure already looks more like porcelain. I would love to just buy a new lid at Devialet.

I feel it is a matter of course that they also keep spare parts in stock for extremely high-priced devices. That's not possible at all, that one simply leaves the customer hanging.

Greetings
Andreas
It all depends how difficult it is to dismantle the whole thing. If you have the cases only, in my village alone there are multiple companies experienced in finishing metal (removing paint, machine polish, etc.)

Still: it is embarrassing, you are right.

Gauder Berlina RC7 mk2 > Devialet 1000 Pro > Mac Mini > Audirvana