Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Messages to Devialet
Has someone been in contact with Devialet recently?
(01-Apr-2021, 08:13)markush Wrote: Has someone been in contact with Devialet recently?

Yes, I’ve had a 5 months discussion with them until mid of February about scratches on my 1000 pro after the upgrade. Guess what was the outcome...
Mac Mini - HQPlayer 4 - USB - D1000 - Gauder Akustik Cassiano
Isolated cables made from conductive material
Oh sad to hear. Hopefully they commit again to a user friendly solution - as well as an outline of how to proceed with Expert line fixes of firmware.
Same here, I was trying to get some update about AIR for BigSur after 10 days of no response they just simply told me they won’t release AIR for it. That simple. They deserve to be closed now. I am actively looking for replacing my Expert and I am open for suggestions.
Its not just Devialet who are light on customer service

I have a B&W DB1D powered sub, going on for 5 years now. Was quite expensive at the time (equivalent to €6000)

All was fine until October last year
The speaker was configured to switch on when it received a signal from the amp
That stopped operating
There is a display on the front that allows you to configure various settings. You hold down the button to wake it up
That does not work either
Lastly, there is a DB9 serial socket to which you attach a USB to serial cable. I used this in the past with the Setup program supplied by B&W
This won't connect. I tried 3 laptops and a new serial to USB cable

Two emails to B&W. No response
A third email in February where I really gave it stick
A one-line reply 3 weeks later - we have an agent in your country - contact them
(I see from their phone number, they are in Johannesburg, 1400km away)
I email them and sent a WhatsApp message to their manager
No response

Grrr

The only thing is that if I switch the sub off and back on at the wall and press the power switch, it usually comes on
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
(03-Apr-2021, 00:53)ada Wrote: Same here, I was trying to get some update about AIR for BigSur after 10 days of no response they just simply told me they won’t release AIR for it. That simple. They deserve to be closed now. I am actively looking for replacing my Expert and I am open for suggestions.

What?! They officially claim not to fix AIR for a recent MacOS version?
That would be a strange sign - as AIR has always been the flagship of Devialet, and on the other hand shouldn’t be time consuming to fix for MacOS.
Devialet has worked hard in the past years to achieve a reputation in...
- good hardware,
- bad software, and
- a support below all standards (considering the market segment they are serving).
Moreover, I am not sure whether they still have kind of a quality management.
To be honest, I am not very positive about the future of this company.
Mac Mini - HQPlayer 4 - USB - D1000 - Gauder Akustik Cassiano
Isolated cables made from conductive material
The quality control in the factory and laboratory seems impeccable
Superb products, reliable and well constructed

You get the impression that the office and support staff are severely undermanned, hence the auto-responders that and generic replies that are sent to customers. Insufficient time to research an answer to a question

I had 3 identical generic replies to emails sent, whereupon I realised I was wasting my time sending them

Its a bit like dealing with our local municipality. You get an auto-response that states that the matter will be dealt with in X "working days". Multiply this by 10 is more like it. There is a impassable flooded subway not far from my house which is the only pedestrian access to another part of the suburb. I now have 6 reference numbers and promises to escalate it since December
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
(03-Apr-2021, 17:36)markush Wrote:
(03-Apr-2021, 00:53)ada Wrote: Same here, I was trying to get some update about AIR for BigSur after 10 days of no response they just simply told me they won’t release AIR for it. That simple. They deserve to be closed now. I am actively looking for replacing my Expert and I am open for suggestions.

What?! They officially claim not to fix AIR for a recent MacOS version?
That would be a strange sign - as AIR has always been the flagship of Devialet, and on the other hand shouldn’t be time consuming to fix for MacOS.

Here is the response it was gentle way of saying f*** off in my opinion. Exactly from the reason of dropping a flagship feature I am looking for getting rid of this “thing” forever. Enough is enough.

Quote:Devialet Air will not be compatible with BigSur, you still have other option to use : UPnP, AirPlay, Roon.

(04-Apr-2021, 08:44)mobaer Wrote: Devialet has worked hard in the past years to achieve a reputation in...
- good hardware,
- bad software, and
- a support below all standards (considering the market segment they are serving).
Moreover, I am not sure whether they still have kind of a quality management.
To be honest, I am not very positive about the future of this company.

(04-Apr-2021, 09:08)chrisc Wrote: The quality control in the factory and laboratory seems impeccable
Superb products, reliable and well constructed

You get the impression that the office and support staff are severely undermanned, hence the auto-responders that and generic replies that are sent to customers.  Insufficient time to research an answer to a question

I had 3 identical generic replies to emails sent, whereupon I realised I was wasting my time sending them

Its a bit like dealing with our local municipality.  You get an auto-response that states that the matter will be dealt with in X "working days".  Multiply this by 10 is more like it.  There is a impassable flooded subway not far from my house which is the only pedestrian access to another part of the suburb.  I now have 6 reference numbers and promises to escalate it since December

I agree it is super similar to the government workers or local municipalities but we are talking about high end here as mobaer mentioned it started to smell bad. Sooner or later we know where this is going. Probably it is time to get rid of this sickness before it becomes a bigger and unmanageable problem. We were promised to get new features with CI and now we see that we get nothing but keep loosing the features.
Funny how they say Roon is an option. Do they pay for the lifetime subscription?
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)