Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Missing Airplay in DOS2
I just updated to DOS2. Under Spark, I had access to Airplay, both through the Dialog when my Phantom Premier were stereo paired, and on their own on the rare occasion I would unpair them and use them separately. Under the new app, I can see three options in the bottom: ONLINE, AUX, BLUETOOTH, and under Online, I only see Spotify Connect, UPNP and Web Radios. Where should I see Airplay? Anyone else seeing something similar? Serial numbers on the Phantom end in P302. The Dialog ends in X03, which should be Airplay capable (it was yesterday). I've updated all three devices, and did a hard reset, testing the set up with and without Dialog in the mix. No airplay regardless.

It's working great with an Optical in streaming from Roon, but it would be nice to get Airplay back.
(30-Oct-2019, 03:43)vaguedetails Wrote: I just updated to DOS2. Under Spark, I had access to Airplay, both through the Dialog when my Phantom Premier were stereo paired, and on their own on the rare occasion I would unpair them and use them separately. Under the new app, I can see three options in the bottom: ONLINE, AUX, BLUETOOTH, and under Online, I only see Spotify Connect, UPNP and Web Radios. Where should I see Airplay? Anyone else seeing something similar? Serial numbers on the Phantom end in P302. The Dialog ends in X03, which should be Airplay capable (it was yesterday). I've updated all three devices, and did a hard reset, testing the set up with and without Dialog in the mix. No airplay regardless.

It's working great with an Optical in streaming from Roon, but it would be nice to get Airplay back.
Hello, 

Same for me ...
I just talked with the support, i told them that before in spark we had an option to select the airplay (livingroom or bedrom for example) and now it's not possible anymore.
They said that they don't know the guy seems pretty lost ... they will call me back when they will have an answer so let's wait.
(30-Oct-2019, 12:08)Furtado Wrote: I just talked with the support, i told them that before in spark we had an option to select the airplay (livingroom or bedrom for example) and now it's not possible anymore.
They said that they don't know the guy seems pretty lost ... they will call me back when they will have an answer so let's wait.
I have a stereo setup with two classics and have now three Airplay devices showing up. One is the "old" Dialog one, one is one of the Phantoms and one is de Stereo set with the location name (Living room in my case).

The Dialog does not work. As I understand this only works if you have no Airplay capable Phantoms.
The Airplay option connected to the room works fine in my case. Haven't tried the one linked to the one Phantom

Regards,
Jelle
Last time it did that I just turned off my WiFi, rebooted my iPhone, reconnected WiFi and launched Devialet App again. Worked for me. Happened once !
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
Update successful....so far
I have a pair of Phantom Classics (Elevate) and a Dialog. I read the documentation on the Devialet web site regarding DOS 2 update carefully especially noting the advice to update the Dialogue at very end of the process. It wasn’t clear in the documentation whether ‘end of the process’ regarding updating the Dialog meant prior to set up of the Phantoms or after the set up. After getting an on screen warning about updating the Dialog I decided to set up the Phantoms before considering upgrading and setting up the Dialog. The Phantom set up went without a hitch and to my ears the sound seems more rounded and even better than before. Apple Music is streaming via Airplay without the dreaded crackle which for me was a real annoyance on DOS1.

So the issue I have now is .....am I good to now upgrade and set up the Dialog without unscrambling the working Phantom setup? The reason I would like the Dialog in the system is that my Phantom Elevates don’t have individual optical or ethernet sockets and I want to attach a CD player via the optical on the Dialog.

Apologies if this is a rather basic question but any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks
I to have two elevates and did the same procedure as you did. I did the Dialog last and have something connected to the optical in on the Dialog.
But both your elevates have an optical port next to the Ethernet port on the back. You have to take out the mains socket to access them.
Update successful....so far
I have a pair of Phantom Classics (Elevate) and a Dialog. I read the documentation on the Devialet web site regarding DOS 2 update carefully especially noting the advice to update the Dialogue at very end of the process. It wasn’t clear in the documentation whether ‘end of the process’ regarding updating the Dialog meant prior to set up of the Phantoms or after the set up. After getting an on screen warning about updating the Dialog I decided to set up the Phantoms before considering upgrading and setting up the Dialog. The Phantom set up went without a hitch and to my ears the sound seems more rounded and even better than before. Apple Music is streaming via Airplay without the dreaded crackle which for me was a real annoyance on DOS1.

So the issue I have now is .....am I good to now upgrade and set up the Dialog without unscrambling the working Phantom setup? The reason I would like the Dialog in the system is that my Phantom Elevates don’t have individual optical or ethernet sockets and I want to attach a CD player via the optical on the Dialog.

Apologies if this is a rather basic question but any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks
After grabbing more information here and there about Airplay and Non Airplay products (on fb groups, friends and devialet customer service and documentation) here is my conclusion :

"Serial numbers on the Phantom end in P302. The Dialog ends in X03, which should be Airplay capable (it was yesterday). I've updated all three devices, and did a hard reset, testing the set up with and without Dialog in the mix. No airplay regardless. "

looks like a real issue and I suggest you contact them, maybe they can upgrade you to Airplay compatible devices if the problem is on their side... Worth the try Big Grin
Ok they just told me to reinitialise and to change the left right devialet, one is compatible and one not i will try that when i will be at home.
The one with airplay should be on the left and after the set up you can change them.
Just want to share with you guys.