Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Missing Airplay in DOS2
AirPlay functionality via Dialog restored - YEAH!!!
I was informed by Devialet Customer Care that a patch 
had been pushed directly to my system.
The update went smoothly and after unplugging Phantom AirPlay functionality was restored - firmware on both phantom and dialog is now 2.8.5

I couldn’t test it for long but I am happy so far.
Kudos for the quick fix!
(21-Nov-2019, 08:40)streifl Wrote: AirPlay functionality via Dialog restored - YEAH!!!
The update went smoothly and after unplugging Phantom AirPlay functionality was restored - firmware on both phantom and dialog is now 2.8.5

Kudos for the quick fix!
Another good story..
(21-Nov-2019, 08:40)streifl Wrote: AirPlay functionality via Dialog restored - YEAH!!!

Kudos for the quick fix!

Cool Smile Did you report back that the fix worked? I was contacted by Devialet confirming to me that they are collecting feedback. It seems they targeted specific scenarios and distributed the patch to selected users. Once they are confident enough they will push the patch. I guess, first to users that have open tickets and subsequently a public release.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(22-Nov-2019, 15:03)seb Wrote:

Kudos for the quick fix!

Cool Smile Did you report back that the fix worked? I was contacted by Devialet confirming to me that they are collecting feedback. It seems they targeted specific scenarios and distributed the patch to selected users. Once they are confident enough they will push the patch. I guess, first to users that have open tickets and subsequently a public release.

Just received my update  Smile AirPlay is now available via Dialog to me. Tested it and it works Smile

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Not sure what happened but today airplay stopped working again. 
After opening the Devialet App another update was performed. But that didn’t help either. 
It’s like before the patch: I don’t see my phantom as an airplay device. Bummer.
I was a bit too quick complaining. 
For some reason unplugging the system for a minute, restored airplay functionality again. 
Maybe that’s normal behavior after an update. 
I did restart the system after the update but only waited for a couple of seconds. 
Anyways, I’m relieved.
(26-Nov-2019, 20:26)streifl Wrote: I was a bit too quick complaining. 
For some reason unplugging the system for a minute, restored airplay functionality again. 
Maybe that’s normal behavior after an update. 
I did restart the system after the update but only waited for a couple of seconds. 
Anyways, I’m relieved.

Good to know. You mentioned „another update“. Which version are you now on? After updating my Stereo set to 2.8.5 I now see „Living room“ and „Living Rom #2“. Both work for AirPlay streaming. It is also not a magical upgrade of my Phantoms, because when I unplug Dialog AirPlay is gone (what is to be expected). Just found it to be a bit weird to have „two“ AirPlay names for one setup now. But maybe if I would split them, I could stream to each of them separately which would actually be quite nice.

I just got an update prompt today in the Devialet app. 2.8.5 is now live on the Phantom and the Dialog, along with the sudden re-appearance of Airplay. In my case, the Airplay sticks around even if I unplug the Dialog, so the bug wasn’t just impacting old Phantom that didn’t have native Airplay capabilities.