Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon 430HA connect to D400
Hi!!
I currently have a D200 and want to upgrade to a D400.
The D200 makes me a preamp for a Moon 430HA headphone amp.
How should I connect the Moon to the D400? Each channel to one of the D200?

Thanks a lot!!
I used to use analog pre-amp outputs to a little stereo I had in the garage. I've done it with my D200 and my O'dA. With the Od'A I used outputs from the Master but I don't see why you wouldn't use one of the master and one of the Slave. You might just get that little bit more separation. It's worth a try either way. All it takes is time. At least you will be happy to know it can be done.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(22-May-2020, 03:02)Pim Wrote: Solía usar salidas analógicas de preamplificador a un pequeño estéreo que tenía en el garaje. Lo hice con mi D200 y mi O'dA. Con el Od'A usé salidas del Maestro pero no veo por qué no usarías uno del Maestro y uno del Esclavo. Puede que tengas un poco más de separación. Vale la pena intentarlo de cualquier manera. Todo lo que se necesita es tiempo. Al menos te alegrará saber que se puede hacer.
Thank you for your answer,
I will do it both ways and I will check which one sounds better, in theory one channel of each of D200 should sound better than all the preout in the master.
(22-May-2020, 12:23)juanma Wrote: Thank you for your answer,
I will do it both ways and I will check which one sounds better, in theory one channel of each of D200 should sound better than all the preout in the master.
This may not be the case - right now your Master & Companion are isolated and the only cable connecting them together is the RCA-RCA link.

If you connect your headphone amp to both amps' RCA sockets, this will 'join' the Master & Companion grounds together at your headphone amp, which creates an extra ground loop. Ground loops will introduce more noise and affect the sound.

It's a similar concept to why REL recommends using two separate subwoofers if you have a dual-mono amplifiers. You want to avoid coupling the ground planes of both amps together through another device (like the subwoofer or the headphone amp in your example). Not directly related but some explanation on isolating the grounds in the link below (ignore the high level connection part!). The Devialets in dual-mono mode are operating as balanced differential amplifiers.

https://relsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/...ks-Part-II
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC