Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moon Mind 180 - Questions about control points/server software
Done. Moon received and plugged to D400 with Aes/Ebu output.
Music runs but I am not sure to understand the configuration.
I thought that the Nas would be plugged to the Moon then the Moon to D with Aes to read directly the files. But D400 remains plugged with the Nas through Ethernet input ?
So how the streamer read the files in the Nas ?
Moon Ethernet is plugged to a switch.
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(10-Mar-2015, 05:43)Ants Wrote: Having just purchased a Devialet 120, I am using a dedicated Mac Mini connected via USB and use the Apple remote app on an iPad to control the library. However, having come from a UPnP environment, I really do like the convenience of not having a computer in the mix and I am not a fan of the remote app as it has many limitations.

With this said, I have an opportunity to purchase a s/h Moon Mind 180, which would allow me to eliminate the computer and use a control point.

My question(s) are the following for those of you using the Moon Mind 180:
- what control points/IOS apps have you been able to use other than the Moon Mind HD app.
- does the Moon app play nice with Minimserver server, which resides on my NAS
- how good/bad are the Moon Mind HD app compared to Linn or Naim's apps
- are there other scenarios, control points, server software that I have not considered by adding the Moon Mind 180 to the mix

I intend to connect to streamer/renderer via digital coaxial to the Devialet.

Appreciate the help

Cheers
Ants
I have played a long time with the Moon 180 MiND in combination with Minim server on my Synology NAS and really loved its sound and had no significant issues with the MiND control app on my iPad mini 2.
Although I have to say that with the latest firmware updates (also with Tidal integration) the app is really improved and works better and more stable now.
The best option to connect the Moon 180 MiND to the internal dac of the Devialet is to use a AES/EBU interlink, but unfortunately your 120 don't have this connection, so you should connect it to the internal dac using a digital rca interlink or a optical cable (which I don't prefer...)

I have read some personal reviews of the Moon 180 MiND here, but I'm wondering if the people who have or had the Moon 180 MiND tried a good linear power supply on it (like the Teddy Pardo 12/2 or the HD-Plex 100 W) because that will give a significant sonic advantage in comparison with the cheap standard wall wart switch mode power supply !

http://www.teddypardo.com/powersupplies/teddy12-2.html

Although I really liked the sound of the Moon 180 MiND with Teddy Pardo LPS I made the switch to a mini pc which I use as a dedicated Roon Labs server in combination with Devialet AIR, because that setting gave me the best sound; a wider and bigger soundstage with more ''air'' around vocals and instruments, a better defined bass, and even nicer and smoother highs.
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

I experimented with Mind and Teddy PS and confirm that this combination leads to improvement in SQ in my settings..
I use a fidelity audio power supply with the Moon.
Both are almost new. For now it is as good as air Ethernet
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
I have the Mind 180, with the Teddy PS via AES (Audioquest Coffee) its very good, and teh new Mind App is very stable. Glad I stuck with it.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 NPX300 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire Acrylic Reference rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1