Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most irritating issue as of now?
(07-Aug-2015, 12:43)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(06-Aug-2015, 08:55)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(06-Aug-2015, 07:47)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I was going to say AIR but I'm listening through it now and it's working! ...I might be back...

See you later today or tomorrow….  Wink

No...still ok! Bugger, nothing to complain about...   Confused

1 single 24/96 song in my playlist and defeated...  Undecided   More crackling than you will find on a pork roast.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
A working remote app to my Apple Watch, then my life is complete!  Big Grin
I'm still waiting for a response as to why SAM works on only the companion channel. I received a fairly useless reply almost a week ago asking which firmware I used and after that nothing.

If anyone's interested in purchasing a set of almost new D400's with a 40% discount, check my ads in this months Hi-Fi news and Hi-fi world.

I expect things to work from the off, not having to constantly tweak and modify!
nemal, can you post a picture of the online configurator main screen?
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(11-Aug-2015, 08:28)Nemal1 Wrote: I expect things to work from the off, not having to constantly tweak and modify!

Yes, I think most people expect that when they buy into Devialet - great looking kit, good reviews, fantastic marketing. Sadly ….

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

guys at the end of the day if you plugged in all your sources, connected some speakers and put power on noise would come out. you are GIVEN the option to tweak if you want but if you are just going to complain about it then dont. your devialet can act as a basic power amplifier.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Applying SAM and using Air - both advertised features of the product - hardly seem like 'tweaks' to me?

I think people expect a bit more than 'getting noise to come out' of a high-end amplifier, and if they feel the product doesn't live up to expectation or perform as advertised, they are surely quite entitled to complain.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

ive never actually tried to use air so i got nothing to offer here.

but things like sam not applying - theres probably more to the story. being a tradesman that used to do maintenance taught me one thing. what you are told is never 100% correct.
(11-Aug-2015, 10:08)completeluxury Wrote: guys at the end of the day if you plugged in all your sources, connected some speakers and put power on noise would come out.  you are GIVEN the option to tweak if you want but if you are just going to complain about it then dont. your devialet can act as a basic power amplifier.

I think you miss the point here by some way. A lot of us bought our Devialet products as a "one box solution" so expecting AIR to work for me was an absolute basic requirement after forking out 6k for the 200.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
so what if the network is the problem? anything else but the devialet? is it still their fault?

ill actually try using air during the week and see if i have the same problems.