Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Munich 2018
Hi guys,

Is anyone thinking of going to Munich this year? Dates are May 10th to 13th.

http://www.highendsociety.de/index.php/en/facts.html

I know Devialet probably won't attend (which is a great shame) but it's still like being a kid in a sweet shop with literally thousands of brands demonstrating their wares. If you haven't been before I strongly recommend it.  Smile It's also a great opportunity to get away and catch up with fellow audiophiles, make new friends and drink beer (of course).  Tongue

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-Feb-2018, 14:11)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi guys,

Is anyone thinking of going to Munich this year? Dates are May 10th to 13th.

http://www.highendsociety.de/index.php/en/facts.html

I know Devialet probably won't attend (which is a great shame) but it's still like being a kid in a sweet shop with literally thousands of brands demonstrating their wares. If you haven't been before I strongly recommend it.  Smile It's also a great opportunity to get away and catch up with fellow audiophiles, make new friends and drink beer (of course).  Tongue

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Good to hear that you're going too, this year. Definitely count me in. It was a lot of fun and educational last year. I'm already looking forward to an evening out with you guys.  Smile  
The show itself is the highlight of the year for any serious audiophile (in Europe, at least)  Big Grin As an appetizer for those who haven't been, just search 'Munich high-end 2017' on Youtube. 

Zoltan
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
Hi guys it seems that Devialet will be there although they won't be exhibiting in the MOC. They are organising an event off site somewhere in Munich (by the way many companies do this) and have asked me to check with the forum and see if anyone is interested in attending. This would be a morning of presentations and Q&A with the Expert team. I believe they have some announcements to make too.

This would be on the Friday 11th morning.

Anyway let me know...

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Hi GuillaumeB,

I will be in Munich the whole week 19; Campingplatz Thalkirchen Münich and with electrical bikes into the city; with my wife. Only when the whole week rain is forecasted we won't go, but that has never happened last years.

Would be nice to see anyone from the DevialetChat and/or the factory. Let me know please.

By the way: I predict that the new CEO (Pathé, no technician) of Devialet will blow a new wind through the company, so this quick-win..... And we all at Devialet chat have more Devialet flight hours then the factory itself. See you soon.
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

(06-Apr-2018, 15:45)Peter van der Laarse Wrote: Hi GuillaumeB,

I will be in Munich the whole week 19; Campingplatz Thalkirchen Münich and with electrical bikes into the city; with my wife. Only when the whole week rain is forecasted we won't go, but that has never happened last years.

Would be nice to see anyone from the DevialetChat and/or the factory. Let me know please.

By the way: I predict that the new CEO (Pathé, no technician) of Devialet will blow a new wind through the company, so this quick-win..... And we all at Devialet chat have more Devialet flight hours then the factory itself. See you soon.

Hi Peter van der Laarse, if you are exhausted after your city tours I can recommend you a place of recreation:
http://www.zumflaucher.de
Is from your campsite 10 minutes away! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
If I go to Munich I will definitely come along. I was going to give Munich a miss this year having been five times in a row. Despite what the show organisers and manufacturers claim, it is not very innovative and most demonstrations are mediocre. It is probably more set up for dealers and distributors than for comsumers. You just have to be lucky to stumble across one or two of the gems - and Guillaume and I did in the last couple of years with the Kii 3 and the Alsyvox - interestingly both were at other Munich venues during the show, and not the MOC. Kii had taken a private venue. Alsyvox were at the Marriott where the sound quality is better, as it is a proper hotel and not the MOC shed.

It will be interesting to get an early view of what Devialet plan as their recent efforts have probably been constrained by the secrecy which seems to be imposed by the top team at Devialet. Maybe this will change with the new CEO.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Hi, at the same time as the high-end, Hi-Fi Deluxe is also taking place in Munich. The event is highly recommended!
http://www.hifideluxe.de

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(06-Apr-2018, 12:36)GuillaumeB Wrote:  This would be a morning of presentations and Q&A with the Expert team. 

And where is their Pro team hiding? Huh   I don't care, I only have an Expert, anyway. 

I'd like to go but will it be close to MOC? If not, we might just want to head to the Dev. event that morning. Please let us know @GuillaumeB when you know more. 

Zoltan
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
I could also be interested to attend the Devialet event
Looking forward to hearing more about this event

Henrik Haas
Devialet Expert 250 PRO Core, Innuos Statement 4TB, Primare BD32 Disc Player,  Stenheim Alumine Three, Tellurium Q Cables

Smoerum, Denmark
Any more DC members attending Munich next week?

Guillaume

UK