Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Munich 2018
(06-Apr-2018, 12:36)GuillaumeB Wrote: I believe they have some announcements to make too.

I am really looking forward the announcements. Hopefully it is something good! Smile

What can it be? Finally a stable FW? Spark? RAAT? Tidal? MQA? New partnerships? Huh
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(05-May-2018, 09:08)GuillaumeB Wrote: Any more DC members attending Munich next week?

Guillaume

I think it's time we sorted something out as where and when to meet. 

I really liked what we did last year. A beer in M.O.C and then the hifidelux and then 'Munchen by night'?. I guess that you will be busier than last year given that you are more involved with Shunyata. Nevertheless, if you can find the time and perhaps others to join us, I'm still quite flexible with my time. I will there all four days, all day I guess.

Any more news on where and when the Devialet event will take place? My dealer told me this morning that they have a dealers' briefing on Wednesday, before the show. He doesn't have any information on the content of this briefing, though. 

Zoltan
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
I am going for one day, most likely on Friday!
Hi, since I live near Munich, I will visit the HighEnd and Hi-Fi Deluxe on Thursday (Dealer's Day) and Friday! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Hello all

The Devialet meeting is definitely going ahead.  Smile

We are going to meet at 9.30am on Friday 11th May at the new Devialet DACH HQ: 

Devialet GmbH
Augsburgerstraße 21
80337 München

This is in the centre so about 30 mins from the MOC. 

Joachim Fritsch (new head of the Expert) and his team will talk to us about the new Devialet organisation and their plans for Expert. The idea is to have an in-depth conversation about Expert and answer any questions and concerns we may have.

I have told them numbers are looking like 5-6, so if you haven't said anything yet and plan on attending please let me know ASAP.

I'd say this is a pretty unique opportunity to learn more about what the future has in store for Expert.  Cool

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(08-May-2018, 10:50)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hello all

Joachim Fritsch (new head of the Expert) and his team will talk to us about the new Devialet organisation and their plans for Expert. The idea is to have an in-depth conversation about Expert and answer any questions and concerns we may have.

I have told them numbers are looking like 5-6, so if you haven't said anything yet and plan on attending please let me know ASAP.

I'd say this is a pretty unique opportunity to learn more about what the future has in store for Expert.  Cool

Guillaume

What an opportunity! This is the first time, in my experience, that Devialet has been "visible" for 21 months. 

Joachim (Expert) and Antoine (UK) are good guys so it will be great to have the chance to get information which has not otherwise been forthcoming.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(08-May-2018, 10:50)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hello all

We are going to meet at 9.30am on Friday 11th May at the new Devialet DACH HQ: 

Devialet GmbH
Augsburgerstraße 21
80337 München

This is in the centre so about 30 mins from the MOC. 

Guillaume

Guillaume

Do you have a list of questions you're preparing to ask. Nope, not talking about negativity, but some general and other technical questions. I'm not here to give you suggestions, just curious.

Appreciate when all finished if you guys would be kind enough to include a summary in this thread (not looking for war and piece, but a bullet point summary would be appreciated).

Hope you all have fun at the event, and are excited with the news Devialet come out with.

Cheers
John

PS, sorry to ask as above said I wouldn't Rolleyes , but the only thing I would ask is why the silence/lack of communication in answering their customer queries, not just via the CI log, but also via customer support & via telephone. Twice I've phoned Paris direct and on both occasions they've told me they couldn't help and I had to continue correspondence via email, which was very disappointing/frustrating (especially living half way around the world and customer support here in Australia is non-existent)
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(08-May-2018, 16:35)Celts88 Wrote: Do you have a list of questions you're preparing to ask. Nope, not talking about negativity, but some general and other technical questions. I'm not here to give you suggestions, just curious.

Appreciate when all finished if you guys would be kind enough to include a summary in this thread (not looking for war and piece, but a bullet point summary would be appreciated).

Hope you all have fun at the event, and are excited with the news Devialet come out with.

Cheers
John

PS, sorry to ask as above said I wouldn't Rolleyes , but the only thing I would ask is why the silence/lack of communication in answering their customer queries, not just via the CI log, but also via customer support & via telephone. Twice I've phoned Paris direct and on both occasions they've told me they couldn't help and I had to continue correspondence via email, which was very disappointing/frustrating (especially living half way around the world and customer support here in Australia is non-existent)

Guillaume and I will have a list of questions and we will post them and the replies once we are back (Sunday/Monday) provided Devialet are ok with this.

I think it will be inappropriate to raise individual queries but we will certainly raise the less than ideal customer liaison issue. They need a structure which deals with questions coherently - we need to remember that, for most manufacturers, a question is (or has been) dealt with purely via the dealer. In most situations one does not get easy access to the manufacturer (although this is changing a bit).

This dealer route is not the Devialet model. Dealers know little more than the customer. Let's see what they say.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Great, its on my way to MOC anyhow so I will be there even it will be shortening my only day at the show
@IanG-UK , so you are coming after all?
I have a couple of questions myself but as you said, it may be a bit overwhelming if we all start asking questions on the spot. I will be there all Thursday and I hope I can get hold of @GuillaumeB at the Shunyata booth for a moment and will ask him to add my questions to your list. Looking forward to the event and seeing all of you (again).

Zoltan
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500