Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musical Fid M1CLIC to Devialet
Looking at purchasing a 200. I intend to keep the above as my network player until more funds are available. How would I connect this to the 200. sorry if an obvious question but I am a novice, and I have looked at the back of the 200 and I am not sure how this would work.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Good Choice Womaz!. (as if i m a pro - i m not, i m just 1 week old on Devialet and i can say novice on this hobby, so pardon me for not so interesting advice or comments)

Before I converged on Devialet, these two were part of my short list : M1 CLICK + MF M6 PRX.

for Output i can only see Pre-Output (this is already processed through its internal DAC and then goes to Devialet, which will sample it once again takes it through DAC for further processing ). Phono might not get processed once again in Devialet (folks on this forum are experts using Phono input of Devialet)
You can send this query to Devialet help desk too.

this is good question you have posted here as i almost bought M1 CLIC thinking i can use it for other amps if not for MF M6PRX. i was expecting to see AEB/USB/TOSLINK - none as outputs ... did i miss out anything here ?
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Thanks for reply. On the CLIC there are Pre out and Fixed outs. I am not at all technical, so i have no idea if this is good enough for the 200.
If it is using the DAC in the CLIC and then uses the 200 DAC also, will this not affect the sound quality?

I dont have a turntable so the phono not an issue.
Did not even know there was a help desk. Thank you again
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Still cant find any help desk. Do you not have to own a Devialet first?
You can post a query. Generally you get quick answers.
support@devialet.com. No need to be owner for asking.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Thank you again
The M1 CLIC does not have digital outputs. This makes it a bad choice for use with a Devialet. You can use the phono pre-outs to connect to a Devialet, so it will work, but you will be using the M1's DAC in front of the Devialet DAC / ADH core, which is a suboptimal solution with respect to sound quality. A shame really, because it's a nice looking bit of kit for the money.
Thanks for the reply. That could be a game changer to be honest. That means a new streamer will also be needed. This is a blow.
Just use a PC / Mac / Laptop & AIR, whatever you happen to have, superb sound quality, no additional cost!
My music is ripped to my NAS in FLAC format. I dont really want to use my lap top for streaming use as its used for work.
I know i can use my NAS and do it direct from there via a USB cable, but again this is not really what I wanted.