Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mutec MC-3+ USB
(28-Aug-2019, 20:08)bodhiFile Wrote:
(18-Dec-2017, 17:40)Sharone Wrote: Hi bodhiFile,

Yes, I still used the termination plugs on my Mutec since Dec 2017 till now. This may be straining the circuitry, nevertheless, fingers crossed, there is no issue or whatever to date. I think no harm to give them a try and see if there is an improvement.  Smile

In fact, I had asked someone to remove the internal power supply of Mutec 3+ USB and now it is feeding with an external Linear Power Supply and the sound quality is improved by another notch.

For my Mutec Ref 10, I used bnc caps (not termination plugs) as the clock outputs can be isolated by switching them off.

Thanks for the reply. What linear power supply are you using? I have seen this on ebay for a while now:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mutec-MC-3-Smar...SwyhVcawgO

I wonder if it's legit. I'm going to go ahead and try the terminators at least.  I do have a Cybershaft Ultimate 10M clock with only 1 output, so good there. Thanks again!

Hi bodhiFile,

I am using Linear Power Supply from Plixir Power.
https://www.plixirpower.com/
I am not sure whether you can get them from your region and you will need to remove the built-in switch-mode supply and direct the dc supply to the board (using proper connection and internal wiring). Mine was done with the help from the retailer.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
Found this interesting review at 6 Moons of the MC-3+ USB and Ref10 combo:

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/mutec/
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
Sharing my experience with USB converters:

Using a 250 Pro CI and now 1000 Pro CI.

Started off with an Uptone ISO Regen (with Uptone LPS 1.2 power) to Singxer SU-1 (with external Uptone LPS 1.2 power). This did not necessarily sound better than Devialet AIR/UPNP (over WiFi). I had to do some tweaking of the device power supplies and grounding to get it to sound better vs AIR/UPNP.

I also use an ifi iDefender at the PC USB port to isolate the PC ground from USB chain.

After that, I upgraded the Singxer SU-1 to the newer Singxer SU-6. Still kept the ISO Regen. This is a step up and definitely better than AIR/UPNP.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
As someone tried the new Mutec Ref10 SE120 or the latest Cybershaft clocks?

Thank you.

Regards,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(13-Jan-2018, 20:41)imprezap2 Wrote: Recently I have purchased an Aavik U-300 and now I want to optimize the streaming part.
I am using an Aurender N100H and am thinking about the following options:

- Trade my N100H for a N10 (with the better word clock, SPDIF only)
- Keep the N100H and add a MUTEC MC-3+ USB (and a Mutec REF10 at a later stage)

With the Devialet D200 the AES input was definitely the best digital input, on the Aavik DAC there is no "preferred" input as all use an inboard word clock and the USB connection also has a galvanic isolation.

Any thoughts or ideas are apreciated

Olaf

Hi Olaf. I also have a small Aurender, which is clearly a weak link of my system and I intend to replace or improve it. What did you do?

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk
I'll answer my own question with this thread below:

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/r...610/page-9

This seems to confirm that as of today the best external clock on the planet is the Cybershaft OP21A, it seems slightly superior to the new Mutec Ref10 SE120.

Now the question becomes to what extend clocking a Mutec mc-3 USB with a Cybershaft OP21A to AES/EBU improves the sound vs Raat.

I have two possible configs to choose from to replace my current mac mini source, both loaded in a next gen Mojo deja vu evo under développement. I have to choose either the USB route or the ethernet one...
1. Jcat usb xe -> mutec + cybershaft -> aes/ebu input of D1000
2.1 Jcat ethernet femto (and soon ethernet XE) -> melco S100 -> ethernet input of D1000
2.2 Jcat ethernet femto (and soon ethernet XE) -> EtherRegen + cybershaft > ethernet input of D1000

Any ideas on how to fix this dilemma? Wink

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Dear Mutec users,

I have finally put together my dream system based on a Mutec MC-3 usb fed by a Paul Hynes LPS.

Mojo Evo USB -> Mutec (clocked by a Cybershaft OP21A) -> AES/EBU -> Devialet 1000

Would you mind sharing your Mutec configuration?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Bernard
I found the MC-3 +USB standalone to be sightly better than RAAT (on a 250 Pro CI). With a clock like the Cybershaft it will probably sound way better than any ethernet streaming.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Wanted to share a review of the Singxer SU-6 with measurements. He also reviewed the Audio-Gd DI20HE and Denafrips Hermes DDCs, and the ifi Zen Stream.

Quote: "The audio GD DI20HE I recently tested set the benchmark for high performance digital sourcing……until today….."

https://goldensound.audio/2021/08/01/sin...surements/
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC
Sounds like it's time for Mutec to release a new version of their re-clocker Smile It was, after all, Mutec that started the re-clocking race...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB