Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
My Phantom Golds Arrive Friday!!!!!!!
I had 1 at first then added the 2nd about a month later. Totally worth it in my opinion if you value a soundstage. Images float in the air. 2 of them also energize the room better. However if you're looking to just fill your room with music then 1 should be sufficient.
I have 3. 2 in the living room and 1 in the gaming room.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
tomorrow will order 2
I'm at 5 Gold's.   Confused

I'm not sure if that means I make great or poor life choices, but they are definitely pretty  Big Grin

That said, I WISH I could fix the WiFi cutouts. It's a WIRELESS system. I hate when people keep saying use Ethernet...
5 Devialet Gold's on branch stands, remote, dialog. Spotify Connect and Amazon Echo Dot driving voice control.
(14-Oct-2016, 21:13)dkoretz Wrote: I'm at 5 Gold's.   Confused

I'm not sure if that means I make great or poor life choices, but they are definitely pretty  Big Grin

That said, I WISH I could fix the WiFi cutouts. It's a WIRELESS system. I hate when people keep saying use Ethernet...

That is Awesome dkoretzz, Congratulations! I just put up two new Golds yesterday with the Gecko. 

In which rooms have you put the Golds? I am thinking about adding one to the bathroom but curious about the humidity effect on the speakers.. :-)
(22-Oct-2016, 07:24)hydr Wrote:

That is Awesome dkoretzz, Congratulations! I just put up two new Golds yesterday with the Gecko. 

In which rooms have you put the Golds? I am thinking about adding one to the bathroom but curious about the humidity effect on the speakers.. :-)
I have a pair in my living room, a pair in my master bedroom, and one in my office/guest bedroom. My master has a deconstructed bathroom, so the shower is 10 feet x 4 feet, and all glass looking out into the bedroom, so I can hear (and see) everything fine without adding a bathroom speaker 

Big Grin
5 Devialet Gold's on branch stands, remote, dialog. Spotify Connect and Amazon Echo Dot driving voice control.
How can I get airplay to work with Gold Phantoms? I would like to stream my itunes library to Phantoms from my Macbook Pro....
(28-Oct-2016, 11:22)Olli I Wrote: How can I get airplay to work with Gold Phantoms? I would like to stream my itunes library to Phantoms from my Macbook Pro....

You can't, yet. Airplay will presumably be activated with the next FW update .
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage

Wireless does work. But it's also susceptible to wireless interference and wireless router performance that would be outside Devialet's control. I know there are members here who report absolutely fine wireless performance.
(29-Oct-2016, 00:25)kameraguy Wrote:

Wireless does work. But it's also susceptible to wireless interference and wireless router performance that would be outside Devialet's control. I know there are members here who report absolutely fine wireless performance.

Yes overhere absolutly fine wireless performance