Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Phantom voyage
@Lee inseok
Congratulations on your new ADC stack! I bet it sounds fabulous!
Glad I've could be of help, feel free to post some pictures of your setup.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(02-May-2021, 13:27)Ragwo Wrote: @ "이인석"
새로운 ADC 스택을 축하합니다! 정말 멋지다고 생각합니다!
도움이 될 수있어서 다행입니다. 설정 사진을 자유롭게 게시 해주세요.

5ch 시스템이 준비되었습니다.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Zidoo z9x 미디어 플레이어 + Shield pro-> onkyo sc5530 프로세서-> rme adi2 fs (3ea)-> 광 케이블-> Devialet golds 3 (FL, FR, C) + silvers 2 (RR, RL) / 150 인치, Optoma Hoz60 .5ch.
Thanks for the pictures! Really nice setup!
My Phantom Voyage
Say hello to the new guy in my Phantom family!

When the opportunity emerged I got hold of another Phantom Gold. With both placebo and new gadget bias kicking in, I can with upmost certainty state that it objectively sounds way better than the Silver, which now is recommissioned as the TV speaker in the living room. What's next? Stay tuned!
My Phantom Voyage
After a few days in Phantom Gold heaven two of them decided to spread their flapping woofers and move out. They were fed up with not being the center of attention whilst we were watching movies. The center speaker, on the other hand, is happy as a clam. Hopefully they will be happy in their new home, only playing high res music and soundtracks from quality movies.

My Phantom Voyage
They're back with a vengeance!
They've lost the high gloss finish and gained a led button on the back. That's proper Devialet magic!

As you clearly can see, a high gloss center speaker sticks out like a sore thumb. Even my dog is disgusted, she vomited right in front of it. It had nothing to do with her eating half a carpet, only the sorry sight of high gloss plastic. So if the lottery ticket turns profitable it'll receive some Devialet magic too. The speaker that is, not the dog. 

The keen eye might also notice another stereo in the den. That's the waiting stereo, I couldn't be without a stereo for weeks. Evil tounges, read my better half, would say that moving the Phantom Silvers to the front would be sufficient, but then I wouldn't "need" to buy a real bargain stereo in the neighbourhood. The Dali Mentor 6/Cambridge Audio combo has served me well, but it's not needed anymore so hopefully someone else will enjoy it soon. 

With a limited budget for upgrading the speakers, the solution was to first sell the old Golds and then get hold of a couple of really banged up Phantoms to elevate. The Devialet Elevate program is really generous. The trade in speaker doesn't have to work at all and could be a cosmetically disaster. Still you'll get about half price off a new Phantom I 108 if you trade in an old Gold.
All in all I've spent about €700 to get two new Phantom I 108 with Devialet Care. If I'd skipped the extended warranty I would have spent about €200 for upgrading two five and a half years old Phantom Golds to brand new ones. With or without the extended warranty, that's a steal in my book. Hands down to Devialet for their generous Elevate program!
My Phantom Voyage
The surround setup is back in business.

Lara Croft sounds good in 5.0. Unfortunately doesn't it make the plot any better.
My Phantom Voyage
Autumn is getting closer and it's time to shed some light on my project earlier this summer.
One key component came with this quite apt message written on the top. 

Inside, the signs of several drops was imminent 

Surprisingly it sounded splendid, especially at any volume, that's if you like the sound of voice coils disintegrating, woofers scraping and a sealed construction made ported with the help of gravity. 

As almost nothing happens in my Phantom Voyage at the moment, I'll try to get the most postings out of the limited material I have. Please enjoy this live feed of varnish hardening while waiting for the next update.

My Phantom Voyage
The varnish has hardened and it's time for part two of the summer project, introducing this beauty!

Unfortunately she is not of the vocal kind, actually she's totally dumb, as in mute. You might understand where this is going. How hard could it be to transplant the intestines of the banged up Phantom to the the cosmetically perfect one with faulty electronics? As this video illustrates, it's not as difficult as Devialet claims to open the speaker.
To quote Jeremy Clarkson; how hard can it be?
My Phantom Voyage
And now to something completely different! 

Dermot Bannon has scared off the waiting stereo and the center speaker. Hopefully at least the center speaker will return after a while. 

By the way; part three of the Phantom transplant is coming soon(er or later). 
Stay tuned!
My Phantom Voyage