Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My silver auto turns on.
Hi guys are any of you experienced you speaker turning on automatically? I don’t want it to do this. But can’t find any setting for it.
What do you mean with turn on automatically?
Mine does that too. I will turn them off using the button the back but then they will turn themselves back on for some reason.
The heat sink on the back is always warm unless I unplug them. But if I do that, then I have to go through the set up again.
Kinda frustrating. Are they designed to just be left on always?
Yes they are.
(18-Sep-2020, 22:28)MGremlin Wrote: Mine does that too. I will turn them off using the button the back but then they will turn themselves back on for some reason.
The heat sink on the back is always warm unless I unplug them. But if I do that, then I have to go through the set up again.
Kinda frustrating. Are they designed to just be left on always?t

Hi MGremlin

They are designed to be left on but I turn mine off when not in use because they aren’t very efficient in standby.

HOWEVER something is off with your system if you have to set it up each time you power it on - my config settings are saved between power off and on.

First port of call is your router - I would reboot it completely and then see if that fixes it.

If not I suggest you make sure your router is up to date and then try allocating fixed ip addresses to your phantoms - it really shouldn’t be necessary to go through setup each time.

Also when you power them off do you unplug them physically or just with a mains switch.

Kantblue
Hi, I have just bought a classic phantom and i have the same problem. I keep pressed the button on the back for 7-8 seconds and the phantom go on standby-mode. After 40 seconds it turns on automatically...

I followed this: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...om-system-

Simone
(21-Sep-2020, 17:38)Simo Wrote: Hi, I have just bought a classic phantom and i have the same problem. I keep pressed the button on the back for 7-8 seconds and the phantom go on standby-mode. After 40 seconds it turns on automatically...

Simone

Hey, the article you refer to applies to DOS1. I am certain that in DOS2, which should be your case since you just bought a Phantom, you should press the back button for a couple of seconds only to go to standby. However, if you press the button for 7-8 seconds, it will perform full factory reset!! and reboot, completely erasing your setup. Could it explain what you are seeing? Try pushing the button for 3 seconds instead of 7-8 and see what happens (there is a first sound after 2 seconds, and another one, slightly different, after 7 seconds).
(21-Sep-2020, 23:27)quartz78 Wrote:
(21-Sep-2020, 17:38)Simo Wrote: Hi, I have just bought a classic phantom and i have the same problem. I keep pressed the button on the back for 7-8 seconds and the phantom go on standby-mode. After 40 seconds it turns on automatically...

Simone

Hey, the article you refer to applies to DOS1. I am certain that in DOS2, which should be your case since you just bought a Phantom, you should press the back button for a couple of seconds only to go to standby. However, if you press the button for 7-8 seconds, it will perform full factory reset!! and reboot, completely erasing your setup. Could it explain what you are seeing? Try pushing the button for 3 seconds instead of 7-8 and see what happens (there is a first sound after 2 seconds, and another one, slightly different, after 7 seconds).

yes, you're absolutely right, that's it!