Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Streaming Nirvana...Roon
I've been getting a lot of use out of my system over the Christmas holidays and it reminded me of some of the frustrations i had with the setup. Pre CI, i'd reached a good point with a Melco fronting my 220 Pro. Post CI, a good improvement in SQ but a few issues...

Melco via USB meant disconnection of the USB link when the Melco went to sleep. Looking through the forum this seems to be a problem with the particular implementation not renegotiating the link. PITA. 

Via UPnP - works well but not gapless and using various control points could be unreliable (not finding the Devialet...)

I downloaded Roon onto my laptop on Friday and have been having a play ever since. Not a perfect setup since i'm using a combination of wired and wireless but it's show the potential of Roon. Sounds great, no issues with connectivity and a fantastic user interface. 

With a dedicated machine for Roon (probably the Nucleus) could this be the final solution ?

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
(06-Jan-2019, 16:46)james n Wrote: With a dedicated machine for Roon (probably the Nucleus) could this be the final solution ?

James

I personally believe so, as long as you want to run Roon, other people will have different ideas.

I have an Auralic Aires G2 and it it GREAT, but if I was to do it again, I would look at the Necleus
connected by USB.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(06-Jan-2019, 23:34)BrianT Wrote:
(06-Jan-2019, 16:46)james n Wrote: With a dedicated machine for Roon (probably the Nucleus) could this be the final solution ?

James

I personally believe so, as long as you want to run Roon, other people will have different ideas.

I have an Auralic Aires G2 and it it GREAT, but if I was to do it again, I would look at the Necleus
connected by USB.

Brian

I just got a Nucleus from my local dealer to test it for a few days. What I am hearing is very good, great detail with a total lack of digital brightness. I had the demo unit in operation for three days and it worked flawlessly. I think I buy the unit. Great piece of kit with a great software!
SonicTransporter i5 - AirPort Extreme - Devialet Expert 120 - ATC SCM 19 v1
IF use of Nucelus + ,how do we connect to Devialet best way ? Nucelus only have one ethernet port ?? right ,that have to be used for Ethernet connection
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(09-Jan-2019, 14:29)Petter Wrote: IF use of Nucelus + ,how do we connect to Devialet best way ? Nucelus only have one ethernet port ?? right ,that have to be used for Ethernet connection

USB out from nucleus into your devialet.
... or presumably Roon AIR via Ethernet (using a switch) should also work.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(09-Jan-2019, 17:31)thumb5 Wrote: ... or presumably Roon AIR via Ethernet (using a switch) should also work.

It will work. Using Roon Air via ethernet with both my Antipodes and Devialet connected via a switch works fine and I prefer that to connecting my Antipodes to the Devialet via USB.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(09-Jan-2019, 17:31)thumb5 Wrote: ... or presumably Roon AIR via Ethernet (using a switch) should also work.

Should work. I‘ll try out and report back. For the moment, it‘s conservatively Ethernet into Nucleus and USB into Devialet. Sounds very smoothly.
SonicTransporter i5 - AirPort Extreme - Devialet Expert 120 - ATC SCM 19 v1