Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Negative Reviews
Love my D200 to bits.
Love the way that it challenges the deeply entrenched orthodoxy that is so prevalent in hifi circles.
Love the way it attracts detractors convinced that D is a passing fad, a deeply flawed product that is an overpriced triumph of style over substance.
Almost all of the reviews of D products are gushingly positive with very few negative reviews. I find these negative reviews very interesting. Please post any negative reviews that you know of.
I'll start with this one....

www.monoandstereo.com/.../devialet-test-and-review-is-coming-up.html
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX
(15-Jun-2014, 09:51)gray Wrote: Love my D200 to bits.
Love the way that it challenges the deeply entrenched orthodoxy that is so prevalent in hifi circles.
Love the way it attracts detractors convinced that D is a passing fad, a deeply flawed product that is an overpriced triumph of style over substance.
Almost all of the reviews of D products are gushingly positive with very few negative reviews. I find these negative reviews very interesting. Please post any negative reviews that you know of.
I'll start with this one....

www.monoandstereo.com/.../devialet-test-and-review-is-coming-up.html

Well this guy is in the business of buttering up makers of spectacularly expensive kit much of which relies on pseudo technical BS in its marketing propaganda.
Some are in the camp of adding euphonic colouration in their tuned-by-ear methodology.
The Devialet is a threat to these makers since they are selling, often much less pricy products which are actually transparent from both a listening and measurement POV.
Not much chance of him upsetting his "sponsors"
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

[/quote]

Well this guy is in the business of buttering up makers of spectacularly expensive kit much of which relies on pseudo technical BS in its marketing propaganda.
[/quote]

I know what you mean, but almost all reviewers need to apply liberal butter since their publication is dependent on advertising revenue.

As consumers we need to learn to read between the lines. For me, there is no doubt that there has been much genuine enthusiasm for the D product from all corners of the globe.
Of course D forums are an irresistable magnet for nay-sayers and doubters.
D200, Magico S1's, Antipodes DX
The review referred to has now been removed?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Try this one. They put a date in the link. I found it by copying Grays link into google. Then chose someone's Facebook link.

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2014/01/dev...ng-up.html
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
It's not that negative, but I'm struggling to understand how the Devialet sound quality could be very dependent on room acoustics. Surely that'd be a function of the speakers attached to it?
I find the review very hard to read. Some sentences don't make any sense.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Strange review. Very poor unflattering pictures. And very confusing viewpoints.

Which amp wouldn't benefit from "a proper speakers and well "trimmed" room to show its true potential."? This is first I have heard about an amp that is room dependent

Overall very sloppy half hearted review, not that he did not like the product, it does seem like he did not bother to give it the time of day.

I do agree that the D-Premier can sound quite cold with some speakers. The first time I heard it was with Canton speakers and they did not sound very engaging.

Interesting that he finds the Devialet power cord sensitive, may be I should experiment with different cables with my D-170, or should I say 200?
I can say that I heard D-Premier two times with different loudspeakers and I didn't like it. I had possibilty to buy a new D-Premier just for 6000 EURO and I was not interested.
But when I heard 170 it was so interesting sound for me that I decided to hear it again and finally I bought it. Now with 7.1 firmware I am very satisfied with my Devialet sound. It evolved very much with comparision to D-Premier sound, which for me was uninvolving and just uninteresting with lack of emotions. Devialet 200 with 7.1 sound very natural and could give me many hours of musiacl enjoyment. D-Premier coudn't.

About power cords. I heard from D-Premier users that uin that model changing power cords given big differences in sound. But ii was with old firmware. Also using good foot spike like ones from Finite Elemente http://www.finite-elemente.de/de/zubehoe...se_classic was very much recommended.
I am using the French Viard cables mostly because its smaller IEC connector fits. They do sound and look quite nice. but I never really experimented.