Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Apple Music Hi-Res
(14-Nov-2021, 11:46)Confused Wrote: The question in the OP was asking about using an iPhone or iPad to stream 24/192 to a Devialet, with a later post asking if this could be done via a DCC. (USB to S/PDIF)

I suspect this is entirely possible, using one of these:

https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/MD...ra-adapter

I say suspect, because until someone actually tries this it is difficult to be 100% sure it will work.

24/192 apart, it might offer an interesting way to use an old iPhone or iPod, even if only as a nice web browser with touch screen for internet radio or something.

Has anyone got a Lightening USB camera adaptor to see if this works? Has anyone actually tried this?

I have tried Apple Music from iPhone trough Camera Kit to Devialet’s USB. The 44.1k worked. HiRes, after few seconds, was “downgraded” to 44.1k, so it didn’t work. Tested it a week after HuRes was announced. Maybe it is fixed by now, but I was turned down after initial testing and prefer lo-res Spotify Connect directly on Devialet than keep “fighting” with Apple’ “solutions”. 

Ps. I actually got mad at Apple recently and replaced buggy MacOS Catalina with Ubuntu on my Mac Pro. Not going to buy anything from them “ever again”. My next computer will be Framework with Arch Linux, phone will be a Pixel fro Google.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B