Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New DOS 2.11.2
Mine doesn’t want to pair Sad so I tried with brand new batteries and it’s not going anywhere. Now I really feel like I have an expensive empty cream container.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I will give a try to the new remote, as I cannot stand the first model.
So far only one Phantom Reactor has been automatically proposed by the Devialet App to be updated.

I have three more Premiers and one more Reactor which has not been updated and the link “system update” on the App does not move it as well. Any other way to push the update manually? Tried to reboot one Premier and see if the App would propose the update, no way.

All my devices are already using DOS2 and all updated to 2.10.0 release (except the one Reactor automatically now updated to 2.11.2).
Yesterday my app wanted to update but I wanted to update later last night. And when I tried the update there suddenly was no update. I tried to delete the app and tried the update function a few times. And then i sent a support ticket. And she suggested things I already tried and in the latest answer she said this

"However, at this stage, I would probably recommend to hold off on doing the update. We have a few customers who have reported some issues.

Please wait until next week and update if there is a new fix"

I asked i the update was canceled and I haven't got an answer yet.

//FM

Ouhh that’s not fun. Well I think you should be lucky on missing this update. I forgot to write that I talked with German support from devialet and he mention something about changing my remote if it’s not gonna work on that new update. It may sounds like they canceled update. I’m a bit unhappy since I bought no.2 remote just 2 months a go after it roll down from table and crash to pieces my old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And an update (I've already runs my phantoms with ethernet cables

"Dear Fredrik,

I have not heard about the update being stopped.
- There is another one we could try later on, I would recommend to wait until next week.

(1) Reset both phantoms
- unplug the first phantom
- wait for 10 secs
- replug the phantom
- hold and press the back button for 10 seconds
- wait until it's rebooted

Launch the app and it should prompt for the update

Repeat for the second phantom
(2) Using Ethernet cable to connect the phantoms to the router might be able to trigger the update"

And this just arrived from support. Please read to the bottom.

"Hi again! I have just received an internal update from my Managers. Yes, we did stop the update.

Hence explains why you were unable to update your firmware.

As you have mentioned just earlier that you will wait until further notice, please do!

I will be in touch next week. Does this sound like a plan to you?

Just in case that you or one of your family members accidentally performs an update=>

VERY IMPORTANT! NO RESET TO FACTORY please otherwise the device with 2.11 might not be able to be set again."

(11-Sep-2020, 10:12)F_M Wrote: And this just arrived from support. Please read to the bottom.

"Hi again! I have just received an internal update from my Managers. Yes, we did stop the update.

Hence explains why you were unable to update your firmware.

As you have mentioned just earlier that you will wait until further notice, please do!

I will be in touch next week. Does this sound like a plan to you?

Just in case that you or one of your family members accidentally performs an update=>

VERY IMPORTANT! NO RESET TO FACTORY please otherwise the device with 2.11 might not be able to be set again."

Thank you very much for the update! That last bit is really crucial information! Kind of strange that Devialet hasn't made a note about it on their website.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Hello,

From the release notes of 2.11.2. Update is suspended. (I had no issue though). 

Quote:IMPORTANT NOTE: We decided to put on hold this update for a short time - a new release will be shared soon.

Combined setup with devices on firmware 2.11.2 and 2.10 are fully working - there is no need to be worried about it.

IMPORTANT: Nous avons décidé de désactiver cette mise à jour pendant une courte période - une nouvelle update sera bientôt mis en ligne.

Les installations combinant des produits avec un firmware 2.11.2 et  2.10 sont pleinement fonctionnels.
Here's an email a retailer in Norway received from Devialet:

A quick email to inform you about an issue with the last version of DOS 2.
A new version was available since this yesterday morning. (Now taken down to avoid further problems)
The previous version that is not suffering problems is version 2.10.0
After migrating to this software, some Phantom seems like they are completely dead but that is not the case.
The speaker is not dead but merely seems to have been stuck due to a software issue.
Explain to your customer that he must wait 2-3 hours with the speaker plug to the power, without activity.
After this time, the speaker will be "alive". If this is not the case please send an email to Support@devialet.com with pictures of the unit from all sides, Serial number and description of the problem and they will assist you with this
Devialet is aware of the situation and is trying to fix it.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(09-Sep-2020, 17:57)seb Wrote:
(09-Sep-2020, 15:59)seb Wrote: Apparently a new DOS version was released. The release note includes a hint regarding an upcoming Phantom accessory.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...DOS-2-11-2

... DOS 2.11.2 update bricked one of my two Phantom Classic. Dialog and the other updated fine. Factory reset would not bring it back (is according to the Webinterface seemingly held in an endless configuration loop). I already talked to Devialet Support. Will probably need to be exchanged.

The engineers are working on a software fix which should be released soon. I was included in the loop to receive and test it.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)