Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Phantom Premier Model with 2000W and updated software in september
Hi there,

I just had an interesting discussion with a Devialet sales manager. It appears that a new Phantom Premier model is being finalized in the brand's laboratories. It would probably be a redesign of the Classic Phantom, whose power is increased to 2000 watts, and equipped with... an updated software version. It therefore seems that the expectations of the current Phantom owners are coming to an end, and that the long-awaited update will be extended to all models as of next fall.
(09-Jul-2019, 10:53)DG3IL5 Wrote: Hi there,

I just had an interesting discussion with a Devialet sales manager. It appears that a new Phantom Premier model is being finalized in the brand's laboratories. It would probably be a redesign of the Classic Phantom, whose power is increased to 2000 watts, and equipped with... an updated software version. It therefore seems that the expectations of the current Phantom owners are coming to an end, and that the long-awaited update will be extended to all models as of next fall.

Well hopefully the software will be backwards compatible with the "older" hardware...
I hope they increase the power and rectify the low end on the silvers all they seem to do is improve there bottom line products with them in the middle just having to put up with it...... Rant over. lol
What’s wrong with the bottom end on silvers and why do you need more power?
Somehow I doubt the gap between Whites and Silvers has been Dev’s biggest problem.
(13-Jul-2019, 19:41)Jamington2004 Wrote: What’s wrong with the bottom end on silvers and why do you need more power?
i don't really need more power but i all the internals of the basic premier model and the silver are identical, i went for the silver due to the size of my room and then the wattage of the speaker if they back update the standard models what is the difference between the base model and the silver?
Fair point!
(09-Jul-2019, 10:53)DG3IL5 Wrote: Hi there,

The Devialet way: they only fix old stuff when new stuff is released and they can't have people ranting about the lack of support.
/sarcasm mode off...

Good to hear they finally fix the stuff people ask for ages about though. Hopefully. Fingers crossed!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Hello everyone.
I‘m new to this Forum and are planing to buy some of the speakers. At the moment I‘m struggeling to buy the phantom reactor or the phantom premier classic because of the seperatly midrange-speaker. Now I saw this threat and are reconsidering to wait for the new premier.

Especially the software is a mess for me because I don‘t want to use my phone everytime.

Does anyone know if the new premier will support changing a track with a physical remote? Otherwise I‘m think about using a streamimg-Amp to change chanels and volume.
(17-Oct-2019, 07:00)Wuchst Wrote: Hello everyone.
I‘m new to this Forum and are planing to buy some of the speakers. At the moment I‘m struggling to buy the phantom reactor or the phantom premier classic because of the seperatly mid range-speaker. Now I saw this threat and are reconsidering to wait for the new premier.

Especially the software is a mess for me because I don‘t want to use my phone everytime.

Does anyone know if the new premier will support changing a track with a physical remote? Otherwise I‘m think about using a streaming-Amp to change channels and volume.

Hey mate ! 
Welcome !! I'm just as new as you are ! 

My struggle is actually the same as yours.

What I've been told so far is that 2 are better than 1.
2 Reactors can compete with 2 White or Silvers for not-the-same price...

About the remote thing, just wait for AirPlay 2. You would be able to stream the same song on your AirPlay 2 devices and ask Siri to change song on-the-go !
No physical remote planned according to my searches but I'm not working in their R&D department LoL ! 

Kisses
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo