Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
New Phantom Premier Model with 2000W and updated software in september
(17-Oct-2019, 07:00)Wuchst Wrote: Hello everyone.
I‘m new to this Forum and are planing to buy some of the speakers. At the moment I‘m struggeling to buy the phantom reactor or the phantom premier classic because of the seperatly midrange-speaker. Now I saw this threat and are reconsidering to wait for the new premier.

Especially the software is a mess for me because I don‘t want to use my phone everytime.

Does anyone know if the new premier will support changing a track with a physical remote? Otherwise I‘m think about using a streamimg-Amp to change chanels and volume.
Welcome to the forum.

@HublotTimer has just started his journey and should be able answer the Reactor vs Premier question soon. 

The current remote changes volume only and can "mute" (sort of) by turning the knob very quickly.  "Changing channels" can get complicated with so many possibilities E.g Bluetooth, wifi, Optical, UPnp, Spotify, Tidal, Radio channels etc..  A physical remote which can do all these is not likely.
Still waiting for the local store which should call me back ! I'm supposed to go to listen to my "Devialet" special playlist this afternoon but it seems I won't go because still no news...

I will make a full review of this maybe-coming afternoon ASAP…
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
(17-Oct-2019, 12:18)HublotTimer Wrote: Still waiting for the local store which should call me back ! I'm supposed to go to listen to my "Devialet" special playlist this afternoon but it seems I won't go because still no news...

I will make a full review of this maybe-coming afternoon ASAP…

That's what I did before I bought my golds back in 2016. After that however, I just had to get the golds. I was "lucky" enough that Devialet had a special price for two speakers, dialog and also an apple tv. At the time the package deal cost just shy of €5000. As I knew I would have to get one later anyway and would then have to spend more money, I took the deal. The dealer was even kind enough to deliver them to my door =)

Haven't really looked back yet Wink There has been some small annoying things happening but nothing that would make me change my mind about the deal =) Hope you find what you're looking for and welcome to the forum ^^
(17-Oct-2019, 12:35)Deezel Wrote: That's what I did before I bought my golds back in 2016. After that however, I just had to get the golds. I was "lucky" enough that Devialet had a special price for two speakers, dialog and also an apple tv. At the time the package deal cost just shy of €5000. As I knew I would have to get one later anyway and would then have to spend more money, I took the deal. The dealer was even kind enough to deliver them to my door =)

Haven't really looked back yet Wink There has been some small annoying things happening but nothing that would make me change my mind about the deal =) Hope you find what you're looking for and welcome to the forum ^^

As I previously said, heart says "get the big ones" (wallet says you can take 2 Gold but it would really really be a painful moment as I want a big part of that money in order to travel later this year) and I would like to buy 2 Classic "Premier" (i.e White).

But then a lot of people here told me that 2 Reactors should do just about the same for almost the price of one big guy. And I'm a doctor, I got some notion of what reason and proofs are so I'm going to test both of them and let my hear, feelings and heart choose between the two (or 3, but I don't get why people buy Silver when it's basically the same as white but a little more powerful when fully loaded which is a thing that doesn't occur a lot…).

I'm really looking forward to hearing all those guys and I'll go back to you all to write what I will have heard ! 

Sleepy
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
(17-Oct-2019, 12:42)HublotTimer Wrote: As I previously said, heart says "get the big ones" (wallet says you can take 2 Gold but it would really really be a painful moment as I want a big part of that money in order to travel later this year) and I would like to buy 2 Classic "Premier" (i.e White).

But then a lot of people here told me that 2 Reactors should do just about the same for almost the price of one big guy. And I'm a doctor, I got some notion of what reason and proofs are so I'm going to test both of them and let my hear, feelings and heart choose between the two (or 3, but I don't get why people buy Silver when it's basically the same as white but a little more powerful when fully loaded which is a thing that doesn't occur a lot…).

I'm really looking forward to hearing all those guys and I'll go back to you all to write what I will have heard ! 

Sleepy

Yeah, these days the white and silver are probably pretty equal, but they were not back when they first came out. I had listed to the silvers at a friend of mines before, but after checking the golds... wow. The reactors a still pretty new in the mix and I will most likely not change in the living room. That said, there a other rooms however...
(17-Oct-2019, 08:05)HublotTimer Wrote:
I‘m new to this Forum and are planing to buy some of the speakers. At the moment I‘m struggling to buy the phantom reactor or the phantom premier classic because of the seperatly mid range-speaker. Now I saw this threat and are reconsidering to wait for the new premier.

Especially the software is a mess for me because I don‘t want to use my phone everytime.

Does anyone know if the new premier will support changing a track with a physical remote? Otherwise I‘m think about using a streaming-Amp to change channels and volume.

Hey mate ! 
Welcome !! I'm just as new as you are ! 

My struggle is actually the same as yours.

What I've been told so far is that 2 are better than 1.
2 Reactors can compete with 2 White or Silvers for not-the-same price...

About the remote thing, just wait for AirPlay 2. You would be able to stream the same song on your AirPlay 2 devices and ask Siri to change song on-the-go !
No physical remote planned according to my searches but I'm not working in their R&D department LoL ! 

Kisses

Hey there.
Thanks for your welcome. Smile

I never thought of just buy one because I want to use them as my new Hifi-System.
In Berlin I heared them all and found the classics better in the mid ranges than the Reactors. That is the reason wy I´m thinking about what would be the right thing. But the App was a mess.

What I would like is a remote with a Diyplay were you can switch in an easy way between titles, volume, Music-App, EQ. I don´t want to use my phone every time. Especially when friends are here on a visit they could change the music if they want.

About Siri: I don´t use Siri or Amazon Eco or stuff like this. Wink
(17-Oct-2019, 12:04)Snoopy8 Wrote:
I‘m new to this Forum and are planing to buy some of the speakers. At the moment I‘m struggeling to buy the phantom reactor or the phantom premier classic because of the seperatly midrange-speaker. Now I saw this threat and are reconsidering to wait for the new premier.

Does anyone know if the new premier will support changing a track with a physical remote? Otherwise I‘m think about using a streamimg-Amp to change chanels and volume.
Welcome to the forum.

@HublotTimer has just started his journey and should be able answer the Reactor vs Premier question soon. 

The current remote changes volume only and can "mute" (sort of) by turning the knob very quickly.  "Changing channels" can get complicated with so many possibilities E.g Bluetooth, wifi, Optical, UPnp, Spotify, Tidal, Radio channels etc..  A physical remote which can do all these is not likely.

Fair point!
So, maybe I will buy a streamingbox like this one:
https://www.hifiklubben.de/stereo/radios/argon-audio-stream3m-music-streamer-und-radio/

So I can change volume, songs and source and friends are able too.
(17-Oct-2019, 20:11)Wuchst Wrote: Fair point!
So, maybe I will buy a streamingbox like this one:
https://www.hifiklubben.de/stereo/radios/argon-audio-stream3m-music-streamer-und-radio/

So I can change volume, songs and source and friends are able too.
One of the advantages of the Phantom is simplifying the music chain but still have good sound. Adding a streamer so that you can use a physical remote to change songs, source, does not make sense in my opinion. Also, a streamer will affect the sound. It is not difficult to use phone or buy a cheap tablet and keep it on when friends come.
I think you‘re right. So I baught two 600 at night.
(18-Oct-2019, 17:23)Wuchst Wrote: I think you‘re right. So I baught two 600 at night.
Welcome to the Devialet family.  Enjoy...