Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latency with Vinyl?
(01-Mar-2016, 17:08)Vic Wrote:
(29-Feb-2016, 11:42)nigelb001 Wrote: No idea where your 1 sec latency is coming from. A bit of an exaggeration perhaps?
It is well known that the latency on the optical input was originally around 160ms (confirmed to me by Devialet tech support) but was reduced in a recent firmware update to 80ms. Make sure you are on the latest firmware and Spark versions.

Well yeah, i might be exaggerating a bit, but not much. The Phantoms are brand new, got them like a week ago...shouldnt the firmware be the latest? If not, how do i check that and do the update? Is it with Spark? 

I have installed these in a cocktail bar, they sound and fill up the space great, but playing records (dj) with the latency was really not the easiest thing...

Massive noise cancelling headphones might help for cueing / mixing.  Or sell Phantoms and buy pro-audio kit.......

I know that back in my DJ'ing days the kit needed to be beer and drunken idiot proof, I'm not that confident that Phantoms would survive that long.  (Maybe you have a very classy bar?)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Although thinking about it, where is your Phantom equipped bar? Can we all come for a drink?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Could the $19 ADC you're using be adding to the latency?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Yeah still in the 45 days return, I'm just a week in. But would really like to keep em, except for the latency they are really doing a great job. Mixing with headphones work, but would be great to at least reduce the latency a bit. Its not a club so mixing is not crucial, I'm going more for "collectors" playing good music in a nice space.

Maybe the ADC is an issue, haven't tried any other...or hardwired the phantoms yet...hopefully that helps a bit.

The bar is in Stockholm and you are all welcome! Don´t forget to bring some records Wink
You can check the firmware installed for Dialog and Phantoms via the Spark app. Go to settings/devices. But I am pretty sure you have the latest firmware as Spark does a good job to inform you of updates.

I wish i was in Stockholm to check out your bar...sounds pretty awesome to use Phantoms for music playback Smile
Which bar is it? Smile
Its a brand new place in Kungsholmen, pretty close to the center of Stockholm. Its opening on the 10th of this month...