Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New banner
(Assuming it's new, otherwise (a) I've been totally unobservant and am just catching up with reality, and (b) Her Majesty reads DevialetChat and saw some inspiration for her Christmas speech...)

...the banner "Even with the most deeply held differences..." is a nice addition.  Thanks to all concerned!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Seconded, on some forum's Hi-Fi can be nearly as divisive as Brexit, Devialet Chat is a good haven from that, even if we do get called a bunch of moaners

I think that header sums things up nicely!
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(01-Feb-2019, 15:55)thumb5 Wrote: (Assuming it's new, otherwise (a) I've been totally unobservant and am just catching up with reality, and (b) Her Majesty reads DevialetChat and saw some inspiration for her Christmas speech...)

...the banner "Even with the most deeply held differences..." is a nice addition.  Thanks to all concerned!

That’s nice of you to notice! As soon as I heard this I thought wow, this is summarises perfectly our ethos or at least what we all should aim for with Devialet Chat!

God Save the Queen!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I am not sure if I agree with @Chris Marshall.  Brexit has been (and still is) unpleasant and divisive, but it has nothing on a decent online cable debate. Where I do agree with Chris is that relative to many other audio forums, Devialet Chat is indeed a haven of civility, long may it continue.

To be honest, I am not sure if we can attribute the new banner quote to her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, or her scriptwriters and advisors, but we can be fairly sure that she would not have repeated those words had she not agreed with them.

The following is a bit of audio trivia relating to Her Majesty.

1. She is very keen on Roberts Radios, not the new digital ones, but the classic '50's examples with valves.  (One prefers a warm sound, no doubt she would find a Devialet a little clinical.)

2. The UK government was very keen to shut down all FW radio transmissions.  This had already been achieved with the switch from VHF to digital television, and much cash could be raised licensing out the FW radio spectrum for other use.  This has never happened, in part because Her Majesty put pressure on the government, apparently she was very upset that her beloved classic Roberts radios would no longer work in the palace.  One did not want to switch to the nasty digital DAB versions.

3. Dynatron, makers of fabulous Radiograms, are notable for having received a royal warrant.  Perhaps not coincidentally, Dynatron were ultimately bought out by Roberts Radios.  One does not like the fuss of separates.

4. By contrast, heir to the throne Prince Charles can see the benefits of separates but likes keep a sensible budget for his kit, he has awarded a royal warrant to Richer Sounds.

https://www.whathifi.com/news/richer-royal-appointment

5. Possibly as a quirk of her German ancestry, Her Majesty is massive Kraftwerk fan, but finds their 1975 album release "Radioactivity" a little dull in comparison to their other releases.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

I'm a bit ehh, confused. Above is the banner I see and I'm pretty sure it's been like that forever, except for Christmas.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(02-Feb-2019, 21:23)Pim Wrote: I'm a bit ehh, confused. Above is the banner I see and I'm pretty sure it's been like that forever, except for Christmas.

@Pim
Try selecting the Devialet Chat web heading and voila!
(02-Feb-2019, 21:50)alandbush Wrote:
(02-Feb-2019, 21:23)Pim Wrote: I'm a bit ehh, confused. Above is the banner I see and I'm pretty sure it's been like that forever, except for Christmas.

@Pim
Try selecting the Devialet Chat web heading and voila!

Ahh, there it is.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I note that twelfth night has passed and the Devialet Chat logo is still in full seasonal form.

I understand that it is believed by some that "tree spirits" live in seasonal decorations, and that before the end of twelfth night they need to be released outside in order to usher in a fertile spring period through the coming year.

Personally, I do not believe in tree spirits, but mindful of all the other bad stuff going on in the world at the moment, is it really worth the risk?  Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Eek! Thanks for the reminder!