Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
New beta firmware 7.1.3 released
(07-Jun-2015, 16:20)Mikeeo Wrote: "My spies tell me that 8.1 should include the sonic benefits of 7.1.3, we shall see!"

Spies? Tell us more about 8.1 and when will it be here!?

/Mike

I believe they are planning to release something in the middle of June. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
My spies tell me the same 😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Yes, mid June is what I have heard also. Although per Devialets normal form, maybe September or something.
Ok, thanks all spy connected!

If September, ok, my system will be hibernated during July and August, need a vacation from Bugsville.

/M
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
for me in my system 7.1.3 hands down is the best in terms of SQ. my system never sounded this good! everything is relaxed and controlled. it is poised when poise is needed and dynamic when swings are needed. tones are balanced and highs and lows are detailed and clear. I just love it!

I believe i will keep it for long time until either i am forced to upgrade or when the newer FW start to sound as good.
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(26-Jun-2015, 22:16)amabrok Wrote: for me in my system 7.1.3 hands down is the best in terms of SQ. my system never sounded this good! everything is relaxed and controlled. it is poised when poise is needed and dynamic when swings are needed. tones are balanced and highs and lows are detailed and clear. I just love it!

I believe i will keep it for long time until either i am forced to upgrade or when the newer FW start to sound as good.

I feel much the same way, I could almost have written the same post.  For me, 7.1.3 sounds smoother, more detailed, with better control, which is a neat trick.  Forgetting all the subjective stuff, I find myself simply enjoying the music.  

But I haven't tried 8.1 or 8.1.2 yet, after abandoning the problematic 8.0.  Part of me doesn't want to bother trying 8.1.2 because I'm enjoying 7.1.3 so much.  However, this weekend in about the only time I'll have enough free time to try properly for a while, so we shall see.....
(26-Jun-2015, 23:24)Confused Wrote:
(26-Jun-2015, 22:16)amabrok Wrote: for me in my system 7.1.3 hands down is the best in terms of SQ. my system never sounded this good! everything is relaxed and controlled. it is poised when poise is needed and dynamic when swings are needed. tones are balanced and highs and lows are detailed and clear. I just love it!

I feel much the same way, I could almost have written the same post.  For me, 7.1.3 sounds smoother, more detailed, with better control, which is a neat trick.  Forgetting all the subjective stuff, I find myself simply enjoying the music.  

But I haven't tried 8.1 or 8.1.2 yet, after abandoning the problematic 8.0.  Part of me doesn't want to bother trying 8.1.2 because I'm enjoying 7.1.3 so much.  However, this weekend in about the only time I'll have enough free time to try properly for a while, so we shall see.....

While the temptation is high to try 8.1.2 but I don't wanna disturb this state of zen my system is currently in

If it is working fine and sounding awesome I don't wanna tamper with it you know. I'm afraid something funny may happen and I end up regretting it.

Do I make sense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(27-Jun-2015, 00:27)amabrok Wrote:

While the temptation is high to try 8.1.2 but I don't wanna disturb this state of zen my system is currently in

If it is working fine and sounding awesome I don't wanna tamper with it you know.  I'm afraid something funny may happen and I end up regretting it.

Do I make sense?

Absolutely. If it ain't broke, its awesome..
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
(27-Jun-2015, 02:20)MusicFirst Wrote:

If it is working fine and sounding awesome I don't wanna tamper with it you know.  I'm afraid something funny may happen and I end up regretting it.

Do I make sense?

Absolutely.  If it ain't broke, its awesome..

... which creates the possibility to miss making progress.
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(27-Jun-2015, 03:10)miro Wrote:
(27-Jun-2015, 02:20)MusicFirst Wrote:

Do I make sense?

Absolutely.  If it ain't broke, its awesome..

... which creates the possibility to miss making progress.

True, hence the dilemma

Dubai, UAE