Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New configurator backward compatibility
(21-May-2015, 10:54)thumb5 Wrote:
(21-May-2015, 08:53)amabrok Wrote: I believe the best way would be a real online configurator. That is the Dxxx would appear through a web setup and loads it's current information. From there users can configure on the fly with no need for SD cards and this way the true web configurator will be able to tell which firmware version the Dxxx has and accordingly offer only compatible options.

Could this be implemented let's say via an adhoc Ethernet connection ?

This would be a much better approach IMHO since apart from compatibility issues it would also resolve concerns about the current configurator becoming unavailable for some reason in future.

I'd still find the ability to save the configuration in plain ASCII format useful, because it would then provide a mechanism for (external) version control of the configurations - to allow back-tracking if you make a mistake or otherwise prefer a previous configuration.

It should be possible to implement this via the existing Ethernet connection.  Mabye there would be a need to bootstrap the configuration to set IP addresses if not using DHCP.

I suppose there might not be enough non-volatile storage on the Devialet to implement the web server and all the pages needed to support a configurator similar to the one we're used to.

Exactly.

On the non-volatile storage part, do you think Ds have no memory enough for that? I mean come to think of it, entry level wifi routers have web based setup abilities for years now and I doubt they have big internal storage in any case.

Or could it be a case that when it is time to implement this we will have to send our Ds back to Devialet for an internal storage upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
OK I tried the new configurator with 7.1.1 and 7.1.3 with the only thing disabled was DPM (I also disable WiFi).  Everything seemed to work OK this time with no error messages. 

Kerry  
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
Perhaps they updated the Configurator, I posted this feedback from support (today) on the other thread.

Current configurator is fully compatible with 7.1.1. New features from 8.0 on the configurator will be ignored by 7.x versions. Please send us your configuration file for inspection.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

well, I always store the configuration file together with the respective firmware I used it for in a separate folder on my Mac. So, I can always go back to start...
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(21-May-2015, 12:31)amabrok Wrote: On the non-volatile storage part, do you think Ds have no memory enough for that? I mean come to think of it, entry level wifi routers have web based setup abilities for years now and I doubt they have big internal storage in any case.

Or could it be a case that when it is time to implement this we will have to send our Ds back to Devialet for an internal storage upgrade?

I really don't know; I was just thinking of the space required to store the graphics associated with the configurator, given that the Devialets were presumably not designed to run a web server (otherwise they'd already be running it).

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for this to happen, anyway.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(21-May-2015, 19:45)thumb5 Wrote:
(21-May-2015, 12:31)amabrok Wrote: On the non-volatile storage part, do you think Ds have no memory enough for that? I mean come to think of it, entry level wifi routers have web based setup abilities for years now and I doubt they have big internal storage in any case.

I really don't know; I was just thinking of the space required to store the graphics associated with the configurator, given that the Devialet's were presumably not designed to run a web server (otherwise they'd already be running it).

Sorry to sound pessimistic, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for this to happen, anyway.

No apology is needed. I fully understand where your are coming from.

Maybe this won't be the case for our current expert line but it may for the next generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I did some more tests using new configrator (Configuration files ) generated and run them on my D400 with 7.1.1 firmware .
The results are the same as upgrading to 8.0 .
The music is sound lack of life .. really bad results .
Which is make me wonder why there are any impact at all ?
Who is responsible for the bad results the firmware or the configuration file ?

I need run another test running firmware 8.0 with my old configuration files (7.1.1) .
I dont know if it supported by Devialet .

One more issues that I was facing .. with firmware 8 and new configuration files the temperature is increased dramatically which was the other issue that I downgrade my D400 .
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

Sorry but that is exactly the opposite effect to what happens on my 400. There has to be something incorrect with your upgrade or your system.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(23-May-2015, 11:01)NickB Wrote: Sorry but that is exactly the opposite effect to what happens on my 400. There has to be something incorrect with your upgrade or your system.

This might be related to different "DPM" settings?  Do you have this enabled Nick?
The Firmware 8.0 upgrade was successfully (no error) so what could be incorrect ?
By the way I notice that more & more v8 complains
http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=1259
It increased to more then 25% now .
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1