Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New configurator
(20-Oct-2014, 20:17)chrish Wrote: Seems to work a lot better in Chrome on Mac, by the way.

I use firefox - given up on safari
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
I have tried it on Chrome on the PC, and get exactly the same issues as using Internet Explorer on the PC.......
(21-Oct-2014, 13:13)IanG-UK Wrote: You could try the same work around as worked for me? They should have sorted this by now - it is eight weeks!

Hi Ian,

Oddly enough at the moment I have no issues with the remote and general settings disappearing. I know the issue though, I experienced exactly the same with some of my earlier attempts at dual mono configurations. Noting your comments, this evening I tried again to get a companion input working, but this time using "dig 3" as the input. This made no difference, I still experienced the companion powering down whenever a companion input is selected. However, even when trying various options of updating old configurations, brand new ones from scratch, not checking the chaining input box or whatever and every time the remote and general settings remained available. Perhaps this one is fixed? Having tried everything I can think of, I still failed to get a companion input working again, so I have now given up until such time Devialet advise me that this has been fixed. I am pretty sure this is a Configurator issue though, rather than a problem with the amps or cables, as last week I did by some kind of fluke get a companion input working fine, I just lost this chance in a lifetime configuration when redoing the sd cards to reinstate a master input that had vanished all by itself. It's time to start ignoring these frustrations and enjoy a few tunes I think! I've wasted much time with this since going dual mono, the old 250 didn't sound quite so good, but at least I listened to it rather than messing around with sd cards all the time. (I think I'm drifting into rant mode, but I hope Devialet visit this forum occasionally to judge the frustrations out there)
From the support page:

"It is also possible to connect headphones if you have a multi-amplifier configuration. In this case, you need to daisy chain the amplifiers using the DOUT on the master and the AES/EBU input on the slave in order to free the PreOut connectors on the slave for the headphones."

How do you switch the daisy chain input on the companion to the AES/EBU input?
Hi Confused

Thanks for your comment. What I failed to say was that although I had now found a way of building a dual-mono configuration file, I had not tested it for real. Luckily I had saved earlier config files and the tweak I was doing was cosmetic - input names or some such thing.

Thierry of Devialet told me at the Guildford show that the back up team was swamped with work at the moment, and Roger from Devialet Support replied likewise. I suspect, therefore, that the config settings might compile on to the SD cards but might not work within the Companion. They really need to get it sorted for those who have just spent £20k on an 800 and find they cannot use it with a pre-amp output or some such thing.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(23-Oct-2014, 17:58)mauidan Wrote: From the support page:

"It is also possible to connect headphones if you have a multi-amplifier configuration. In this case, you need to daisy chain the amplifiers using the DOUT on the master and the AES/EBU input on the slave in order to free the PreOut connectors on the slave for the headphones."

How do you switch the daisy chain input on the companion to the AES/EBU input?

In the dual mono Configurator, make sure that "share sources from slave" is NOT selected on the default SPDIF input", you can then simply click the AES/EBU input, and the chaining link moves to suit, then click back to SPDIF, you will see the chaining link follow.
(16-Oct-2014, 17:19)chrish Wrote: Have problems with Configurator on Mac. Nearly always get "There was an error generating your configuration file.....". Find this tool a pain to use. Doesn't seem to save correctly, or it just decides to wipe your settings and start fresh without telling you. Urrrrrr.
Try using a different browser I.e. Not Safari, Google Chrome always works
(29-Oct-2014, 11:01)oxfordaudio Wrote:
(16-Oct-2014, 17:19)chrish Wrote: Have problems with Configurator on Mac. Nearly always get "There was an error generating your configuration file.....". Find this tool a pain to use. Doesn't seem to save correctly, or it just decides to wipe your settings and start fresh without telling you. Urrrrrr.
Try using a different browser I.e. Not Safari, Google Chrome always works

I just purchased my Devialet 200 about a month ago and have exactly the same issue using a totally up-to-date Mac in Safari. Whenever I attempt to save a configuration to an SD card (or the Desktop) I get a message "There was an error generating your configuration file ...". Not only that, I am logged out of from the Devialet website, and need to log in again to make any further attempts. Any adjustments I have made are saved in My Configurations, but I am unable to download the file. It appears that something is blocking the file from downloading, but I turned the firewall off and closed Intego VirusBarrier to make sure they were not blocking the download, but this did not help. I do not want to be forced to use another Mac browser, just to use Configurator.

I got around the problem by using Configurator in Internet Explorer in Parallels Windows 7 virtual machine on my Mac.
Last Sunday I tried to open one of my configs on My Maison online in Safari. I got an error message "This is not your config file...". When I tried it with Firefox I could edit my configs. It seems the Devialet site doesn't work properly with Safari.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
for my D400 online configuration, it did not make a difference when I changed from Chrome on Mac to IE on Windows. same issues like disappearance of general and remote settings if i try to enable sharing input on slave unit along with loss of mobile app control!
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE