Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New excited member
Well I recognise a few names here  Big Grin

Due to receive a 200 next week and I have to say I am quite excited as to where this takes me. Also it was interesting to hear that a lot of former Naim owners are moving to Devialet !!

Anyway, just a shout hello to all, and would fully welcome any contributions to keep my excitement peaked Wink

Cheers

Allen
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(04-Mar-2015, 20:30)AllenB Wrote: Well I recognise a few names here  Big Grin

Due to receive a 200 next week and I have to say I am quite excited as to where this takes me. Also it was interesting to hear that a lot of former Naim owners are moving to Devialet !!

Anyway, just a shout hello to all, and would fully welcome any contributions to keep my excitement peaked Wink

Cheers

Allen

Hello and welcome Allen.

Quite a journey you will have. Post the rest of your system so people can share opinions...

Cheers
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Thanks Kunter

I am coming from Naim high-end, but I won't say too much on that for now, there are a few reasons why, but I still have to sell, so I will expand in due time, if anyone is interested!!

But for now the 200 will hook up to Naim Ovators S600's, unfortunately not on the SAM list, and not likely to be either.

I haven't decided on a source definitely, will use a Mac and a Sonos Connect for a while, but I am keen to see what happens with any Dialogue integration .... possibly.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
Hi Allen and welcome to the wonderful world of Devialet (or Deviate as most auto correction s/w would have it...).

Yes, there are plenty of people here who have moved across from Naim at all levels. I tried Devialet as an experiment when I was thinking about upgrading my mid-range Naim system and was shocked at how much better Devialet was.

I've loved the NDS/552/500 systems that I've heard but no doubt you've got good reasons for moving on. I'm sure that you won't be disappointed by Devialet... Not just the sound but there are no humming power supplies and no need for towering stacks of gear either Smile

I see you haven't decided on a source yet. Mac and Sonos will be fine to start with and I guess we're all looking for the perfect source -which doesn't seem to exist yet. You will see plenty of posts about that on here.

By the way, AIR works 100% of the time for me with no dropouts or white noise but you will read that many others have had problems. Devialet themselves are quoted as saying that only around 2% of their customers have problems...

Good luck!
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)

Cheers

Allen
Welcome AllenB,

I've had my Devialet 200 for 4+ days and absolutely love it!

According to a local Linn/Devialet dealer, it looks like there are quite a few Linn owners that are also moving to a Devialet solution.

Regards,
Sam
(04-Mar-2015, 22:48)samurai7595 Wrote:

Cheers

Allen
Welcome AllenB,

I've had my Devialet 200 for 4+ days and absolutely love it!

According to a local Linn/Devialet dealer, it looks like there are quite a few Linn owners that are also moving to a Devialet solution.

Regards,
Sam

Thanks Sam, yes it seems Devialet are really gaining some traction. 
TRNC (North Cyprus)
Welcome AllenB,

Yes, this is the Devialet deviation forum, it seems..... There are a few Ex-Naim owners here, and it is indeed interesting to share experiences and the motivations for this migration.

I was just wondering the other day about whether or not anyone with a Devialet was using Naim speakers. I would be interested to hear your take on the differences in sound presentation with the change in electronics.

I'm using an Airport Express and optical cable, which is apparently decent, but not ideal sound quality. I've also used the AIR -wifi - ethernet system, wirelessly from my iMac to router, then ethernet to the Devialet, and all three modes have been excellent in terms of reliability. Apart from the sound, I am over the moon about leaving UPnP behind; it was a perpetual source of frustration in my house.

I hope you are as pleased with the Devialet as I am.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Hmmmm, really have to watch out for those damn auto-corrects on Devialet, I thought capitalised words did not get 'corrected' !!
TRNC (North Cyprus)
Wellcome on the Devialet chat forum. Sonos is good enough for a start. Just follow the postings about the Dialog to come. It might better than the Sonos SQ-wise. If not, you can spend the money and have you're Sonos Connect modified for the same price, like I did. It's a quite a difference I can tell you, worth every penny.
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
Thanks Charlemagne, I am seriously tracking the Sonos Connect mods, collating other users findings. Coming from the Naim app (formerly nStream) I found Sonos a breath of fresh air. The ability to search and compile queues and playlists from all sources is a feature all control apps should strive for. I am hoping Devialet have fashioned something similar with the Dialogue & Spark and it be made available to the current range.
TRNC (North Cyprus)