Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New phantom reactor available on october 10 for €990
The Reactor doesn't do stereo sound yet; that is coming in 2019. Maybe at that time the new app will be pushed for all Phantoms and everything will work together.

On another note, it's exciting/not exciting to see this. For my small place, the Reactor is perfect and I could have save a bundle if I got this instead. It also looks like it would be simpler as you don't need a Dialog. But, I got my Phantoms 3 years ago. If the Reactor sells well, the good news it it can mean Devialet will be around for a while.
Well, plenty of us have wished for smaller Phantoms. Could be the perfect desk speaker, if latency or DOM are there. Of course, it won’t have the top-end of the Golds... or USB?
I loved this quote from Devialet

“From first semester 2019, you'll be able to bring second Phantom Reactor into play by performing a simple in-app upgrade. With double the power, an even wider soundstage and full-on immersion, prepare for home stereo in epic proportions.”

As usual, a new product is released without the finished software/firmware/infrastructure, and without much thought given to integration with the rest of their line. Three product lines now as separate ecosystems, after all these years and Expert CI upgrade and everything.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

"semester"? How long is that?

Just imagine, within 1st semester 2019, you'll be able to take two Reactors, put them together and... wait for it... have stereo! What is this, 1960?

OK, ok, I know the end-game is much more than just that. They have created yet another exceptional piece of tech but the software side is not ready... so they have to spin it hoping to keep potential customers excited. I suspect it will be quite impressive when all is ready. I'll check back this time next year.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Reactor has a full range driver with the two side firing woofers.
No separate tweet and mid.
something is happening today, we've till midnight to get the news.
I bet for a Phantom Keychain ! I'll buy two so it will be in stereo !
I'm sure most of us would love it !
Please excuse my poor reputation
Stereo seem to be overrated these days. Once again they even do not have the basics developed for going live. Maybe a bit less marketing budget and more development?
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
For Millennials it is all about Bluetooth and convenience anyway.

OTOH a two way design with a 'Aluminum Full-Range driver' and 'Devialet DAC embedded in ADH3 intelligence' is certainly interesting. Speakers from Fujitsu Ten or Audience (among others) use small full-range drivers quite successfully. If Devialet has played their cards right here the Reactor may actually sound decent. Has anybody had a chance to hear one? Is it on display in Paris?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(11-Oct-2018, 21:32)ogs Wrote: For Millennials it is all about Bluetooth and convenience anyway.

OTOH a two way design with a 'Aluminum Full-Range driver' and 'Devialet DAC embedded in ADH3 intelligence' is certainly interesting. Speakers from Fujitsu Ten or Audience (among others) use small full-range drivers quite successfully. If Devialet has played their cards right here the Reactor may actually sound decent. Has anybody had a chance to hear one? Is it on display in Paris?

I have heard one (900) for a few minutes at a Devialet Store. It wasn’t my music taste , but it goes really deep and loud for this very small size. It was nice for the size and the case is nicer as the Phantom case, but for 1.290 € the difference to the white Phantom is only 200 €. I would go with the white ones, if I would have to decide (and the form factor isn’t the first point).
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
That is interesting, thanks @midi So no apparent problems in the mids and highs? I guess one would need to wait for the 'stereo option' to judge that...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB