Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
Just FYI, I have a DP that was upgraded to 250 last time. I added myself to the "upgrade list" a few days after it was announced and today I received the offer for discounted upgrade to 250Pro. The 2549 Euro offer is not too bad I guess, but I will wait to see what people think about the upgrade quality before I consider doing anything (I consider myself one of those being a bit dissapointed with previous upgrades).
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)
The problem with this is I feel I now have to wait and see if Devialet choose to extend the upgrade discounts across the board. It seems a bit silly signing up for it as things stand. I was going to wait until I'd heard a 220Pro anyhow, and there is a the small matter that I can't really afford the upgrade anyway so it's all a bit academic!
(07-Sep-2016, 20:34)Confused Wrote: Eh?  The 250 and 800 upgrades cost more than the 200 and 400 upgrades.  I presume this is because of the copper baseplate?

200 and 250 upgrades both listed at £2,990 when I last looked, maybe I'm mistaken though.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Mmm checked, but the 400 and 800 are different though.
I give up its too confusing.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(07-Sep-2016, 20:25)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(07-Sep-2016, 18:19)AllenB Wrote: I really am not bent out of shape by all this, sorry to disappoint NickB. However, I still think this whole saga from Devialet since I purchased my 200 (which SQ wise I love) stinks. False promises, etc etc. Don't need to regurgitate it all, but one thing does grate. So, some people are receiving special upgrade prices because they have upgraded in the past. What about pretty much everyone of us who have had to purchase other equipment just to get our music playing through the Dev, which has refused to do the much vaunted things that many of us based their purchase on in the first place.

Lesson learned .... do not trust Devialet. When it happens, it happens, no expectations.

I really have to agree with this (and no I'm not all upset either and won't rehash history) but still I just find it all a bit bizarre.

So, was the email list for giving people upgrade discounts or not? It seems so far that a lot registered (including me) and had the registration confirmed but as far as any of us could tell it was a pointless list and merely meant we got sent an email saying we could upgrade - see website for pricing. A few if us queried it and got pretty much the same answer - there were no 'favourable conditions' (not financial at least) referred to in the list auto-reply. Now it seems some weeks later at least one person (maybe only one person) has been told they're getting a discount after all, whereas previously it was purchases in 2016 only.

My guess is getting a reliable, straight answer on this would be fairly tricky from Devialet.....

I know other reasoning has been put forward, but I do agree the 200 user gets the worst deal. Obviously all get the pro hardware upgrades, but;

-The D-premier owner gets to bring an older model up to current spec despite missing the 'deadlines' for upgrades previously. Without penalty too, and they get free copper base plates, and a discount if they have dual mono.

-The 120 owner gets bumped up a model notch - essentially increasing their products value twice.  A nice bump in watts too. Lovely deal.

-The 200 owner gets an extra 20 watts.

-The 400 owner gets an overall discount and 40 watts.

-the 250 owner gets zero extra watts but a free baseplate. Second worst deal of the bunch IMO - notwithstanding the fact that a 250 doesn't seem to really exist anymore.

-the 800 owner gets an overall discount, a big chunk of watts, and 2 free base plates.

- the OdA owner.... Ok I'll skip that.

Maybe the 200 upgrades are subsidising all the copper baseplates Wink

Don't skip the O d'A part. That's the best one  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(07-Sep-2016, 20:18)octaviars Wrote:
(07-Sep-2016, 19:52)Axel Wrote:
(07-Sep-2016, 15:17)Antoine Wrote: Devialet sent out emails about the new Pro's and offered people to register their non-binding interest in the upgrade. In this registration one only had to specify their name, email and current model. Later Devialet has sent out emails to some people to register their country they live in.

I've never indicated anywhere in this process that I own a 250 upgraded from D-Premier yet the offer is tailored to this so they're matching the registration information with other records they already had. The records they may have are those from people having at one time registered their D on the website, from direct sales, from RMA's and previous upgrades. Of course these records may contain errors or other errors are made. Looks like Axel got "lucky" as he seems to have the wrong flag next to his name (the one a person who bought in 2016 gets, while he has not).

I got the offer of an upgrade because I opted in to the priority upgrade list, i.e I got my name on the list early. Nothing to do with when I bought my amps. I also have an account on the Devialet website, where details of my amps and my setup, configurations etc are held. In any case, I won't be upgrading until there is some proper feedback re. the performance of the 440 Pro.

I got on that list the same hour that I got the mail and I also have a account with all details of my amps, setup and configurations files but no mail regarding a offer to upgrade just a mail that the upgrade starts a the 15th and I will receive more information.

This seems a bit strange to me who gets the offer and who dont......

same for me Confused
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
(07-Sep-2016, 20:42)Rufus McDufus Wrote: The problem with this is I feel I now have to wait and see if Devialet choose to extend the upgrade discounts across the board. It seems a bit silly signing up for it as things stand.   I was going to wait until I'd heard a 220Pro anyhow, and there is a the small matter that I can't really afford the upgrade anyway so it's all a bit academic!

That sort of makes the whole situation a lot more straightforward I suppose!

I'd find it really hard to justify too - been an expensive year already with plenty to follow and I could really use an amazing holiday too. But if a deal was so good it would be stupid to miss it, then even a hardened anti-Devialet man like myself could probably see logic overcome heart and take it (and buy the hope that one day in 2017 I might experience the 'glitch free direct streaming' I can only dream of now). Doesn't look like I'm going to have that dilemma though, as at £2,990 it's of no interest.

Plus I've got a set of speakers arriving imminently for home demo, so there's that too.....

(07-Sep-2016, 20:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(07-Sep-2016, 20:34)Confused Wrote: Eh?  The 250 and 800 upgrades cost more than the 200 and 400 upgrades.  I presume this is because of the copper baseplate?

200 and 250 upgrades both listed at £2,990 when I last looked, maybe I'm mistaken though.

Yes, I stand corrected!  Or partially correct at least.  The 200 and 250 upgrades are indeed the same price, whereas the 400 upgrade is less money than the 800 upgrade.  That one is a little tricky to explain. Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I am a Devialet user since 2011 (d-Premier->250 now) and I confirm I too received an email yesterday offering me an upgrade with a nice discount at a price in EUR mentioned few posts earlier. However me to would prefer to wait and see and HEAR (!) what new model is going to sound like. No rush!
And I too was let down by many not fulfilled promises by Devialet in the past. AIR is one but who remembers once-dropped HDMI which originally had been planned to be turned on but then eventually dropped out?

So what we all can assume is that Devialet may have good intentions but facts speak louder than words and the former are not in favour of the Devialet. As one man said: A goodwill is built through many years but may be destroyed overnight. Despite great sounding product Devialet is yet to earn its trust from its customers. And this will take more than a while.
MacBook Air->plain USB cable->Devialet 250 (upgraded d-Premier)->Vivid Audio Giya G2.
Also keeping my old beloved MBL 126
(07-Sep-2016, 20:36)Antoine Wrote:
(07-Sep-2016, 19:52)Axel Wrote:
(07-Sep-2016, 15:17)Antoine Wrote: Devialet sent out emails about the new Pro's and offered people to register their non-binding interest in the upgrade. In this registration one only had to specify their name, email and current model. Later Devialet has sent out emails to some people to register their country they live in.

I've never indicated anywhere in this process that I own a 250 upgraded from D-Premier yet the offer is tailored to this so they're matching the registration information with other records they already had. The records they may have are those from people having at one time registered their D on the website, from direct sales, from RMA's and previous upgrades. Of course these records may contain errors or other errors are made. Looks like Axel got "lucky" as he seems to have the wrong flag next to his name (the one a person who bought in 2016 gets, while he has not).

I got the offer of an upgrade because I opted in to the priority upgrade list, i.e I got my name on the list early. Nothing to do with when I bought my amps. I also have an account on the Devialet website, where details of my amps and my setup, configurations etc are held. In any case, I won't be upgrading until there is some proper feedback re. the performance of the 440 Pro.

1+1=2. You got the discounted price for 2016 buyers (http://www.kjwestone.co.uk/news/devialet...-september). You quoted it yourself: "exclusively for recent Expert Le 400 owners". In error (you didn't buy in 2016) it's got nothing to do with you signing up to the priority upgrade list early, many others did as well. It's not your error and you could benefit so just 'be happy'. Smile

Agreed. But I can't help Feeling slightly guilty at getting the offer, I didn't do anything to swing it so please don't hold it against me!  Sad I also think that this discount will be offered to all others and also that the upgrade window will be lengthened. I'm sure Devialet would rather tempt say, for arguments sake 2000 people to upgrade at reduced prices than 1000 at full price. If I decide not to upgrade, I shall of course pass on my code  to someone else.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England