Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
(08-Sep-2016, 03:33)Axel Wrote:
(07-Sep-2016, 20:36)Antoine Wrote:
(07-Sep-2016, 19:52)Axel Wrote: I got the offer of an upgrade because I opted in to the priority upgrade list, i.e I got my name on the list early. Nothing to do with when I bought my amps. I also have an account on the Devialet website, where details of my amps and my setup, configurations etc are held. In any case, I won't be upgrading until there is some proper feedback re. the performance of the 440 Pro.

1+1=2. You got the discounted price for 2016 buyers (http://www.kjwestone.co.uk/news/devialet...-september). You quoted it yourself: "exclusively for recent Expert Le 400 owners". In error (you didn't buy in 2016) it's got nothing to do with you signing up to the priority upgrade list early, many others did as well. It's not your error and you could benefit so just 'be happy'. Smile

Agreed. But I can't help Feeling slightly guilty at getting the offer, I didn't do anything to swing it so please don't hold it against me!  Sad I also think that this discount will be offered to all others and also that the upgrade window will be lengthened. I'm sure Devialet would rather tempt say, for arguments sake 2000 people to upgrade at reduced prices than 1000 at full price. If I decide not to upgrade, I shall of course pass on my code  to someone else.

But did you register your second hand 200 Companion in 2016 so to them it looks like you got a 400 in 2016 so they gave you the offer as it looks like you are a recent 400 owner.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(07-Sep-2016, 18:48)devi63 Wrote: Just received from Oxford Audio: Yes we have (compared) and it's a BIG BIG improvement no question.

What else should they say?
What did you expect asking a dealer?

Don´t bite the hand that feeds you ;-)
(08-Sep-2016, 09:13)Nightmare Wrote:
(07-Sep-2016, 18:48)devi63 Wrote: Just received from Oxford Audio: Yes we have (compared) and it's a BIG BIG improvement no question.

But the dealers dont benefit from us upgrading as the payment goes directly to Devialet as I understand. If my dealer were correct they got 100€ from Devialet if they took care of the shipping of the units from there customers.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

Had a little conversion today with Devialet regarding the priority list and how the offer functions.

"Thank you for your message.

The priority list does not entitle to the discount.
Only persons who purchased a Devialet in 2016 are eligible to the offer.

Can you please precise when you purchased your device.

We hope this is clearer explanation."

More questions from me and the answer is.

"Actually we wanted to be quite flexilble, so even demo units, second hands bought at dealers ONLY do open to the discount.

So yes if you purchase from a dealer a demo or second hand today, yes you will have the discount."

So buy a second hand 200 Companion today at a dealer and you can get the offer on a 400.......seems logical.

Second system

This opens up the possibility of two Devialet owners swapping units and each registering the new serial number. Well it's not illegal...
The offer is only sent to the following, this is from Devialet today.

"I confirm that discount codes are only sent to people who:

- purchased from us directly in 2016 or December 2015
- purchased from a devialet dealer in 2016 or December 2015
- upgraded from D premier"

Second system

(08-Sep-2016, 09:52)octaviars Wrote: So buy a second hand 200 Companion today at a dealer and you can get the offer on a 400.......seems logical.

Anything seems logical at this point.

Ok, so there it is then, there was no practical point to subscribing to the mailing list. At least we know.

Sounds like the smartest move is to buy the cheapest machine you can find used at a dealers, and upgrade it. 120 would be a good bet, or a companion.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(08-Sep-2016, 09:47)octaviars Wrote:
(08-Sep-2016, 09:13)Nightmare Wrote:

But the dealers dont benefit from us upgrading as the payment goes directly to Devialet as I understand. If my dealer were correct they got 100€ from Devialet if they took care of the shipping of the units from there customers.

They benefit from selling the pro line in general.

Plus, the more people that have 220pros and 250pros, the more people that can upgrade with a new pro companion.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Thanks. That´s what I just wanted to note :-)
Everyone should be very happy with the upgrade program and conditions!
Thank you Devialet.
Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL