Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
(10-May-2016, 08:36)Eddye Wrote: It'd be fun is Confused's 2000th posts would be at the same time as the upcoming announcement from Devialet

Yeah, maybe its all part of the clever marketing plan aimed at Devialetchat users.... to launch via Confused's 2,000th post.. if we talk about him it might bring the count up a bit quicker.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(10-May-2016, 08:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(10-May-2016, 08:36)Eddye Wrote: It'd be fun is Confused's 2000th posts would be at the same time as the upcoming announcement from Devialet

Yeah, maybe its all part of the clever marketing plan aimed at Devialetchat users.... to launch via Confused's 2,000th post.. if we talk about him it might bring the count up a bit quicker.....

@Confused: Are you a part of Devialet Grand Marketing Plan (DGMP)?
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(10-May-2016, 08:42)Eddye Wrote:
(10-May-2016, 08:39)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

@Confused: Are you a part of Devialet Grand Marketing Plan (DGMP)?

That would explain his name
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
You mean GMP or DMP, you can't have four letters, duh!
• Kuzma Stabi S turntable • Kuzma Stogi S arm • Benz Micro ACE H cartridge • PC with MusicBee / WASAPI source • Oyaide d+ NEO B-Class USB cable • Devialet 200 amplifier • Blue Jeans Ten speaker cable • GoldenEar Triton One •

I believe 4 letters is part of the coming announcement..
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
(09-May-2016, 17:57)Sesondhe Wrote:
(09-May-2016, 17:07)nfnc Wrote: One more rumour to the goodie bag.  Hope hk6230 does not mind me quoting him from another DC thread.

(09-May-2016, 15:49)hk6230 Wrote: Please don't buy anything before hearing what's Devialet going to announce. Probably you wouldn't need another uPnP device or streamer anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now, that would be a welcome move, if it pans out.  A proper working ethernet input would be great!

Guess the end of the embargo is near.

Would be great too if the master/companion units can be connected via LAN/USB Smile

Every other day I change my mind about whether I should buy a d200 before the trade-in period ends on 31.05. or not  Confused Angry

hk6230, I will follow your advice 'please don't buy anything before hearing what's Devialet going to announce. Probably you wouldn't need another uPnP device or streamer anymore.'

My principle # 1. one-box-solution is the best (a turntable is not a box);

My principle # 2. If principle # 1 is not possible, so 'less boxes the better'.

And a little bit off topic - Conventional amplifiers of analogue camp are in danger as the non-conventional ones are now doing better and better.
With that advice I'm now tilting towards Melco :-)
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(10-May-2016, 13:39)G51 Wrote:
(09-May-2016, 17:57)Sesondhe Wrote:
(09-May-2016, 17:07)nfnc Wrote: One more rumour to the goodie bag.  Hope hk6230 does not mind me quoting him from another DC thread.

Now, that would be a welcome move, if it pans out.  A proper working ethernet input would be great!

Guess the end of the embargo is near.

Would be great too if the master/companion units can be connected via LAN/USB Smile

Every other day I change my mind about whether I should buy a d200 before the trade-in period ends on 31.05. or not  Confused Angry

hk6230, I will follow your advice 'please don't buy anything before hearing what's Devialet going to announce. Probably you wouldn't need another uPnP device or streamer anymore.'

My principle # 1. one-box-solution is the best (a turntable is not a box);

My principle # 2. If principle # 1 is not possible, so 'less boxes the better'.

And a little bit off topic - Conventional amplifiers of analogue camp are in danger as the non-conventional ones are now doing better and better.

Says who?
OK, my theory is that they'll bring out new streaming functionality either through an upgrade of the DUET interface board inside our Experts and/or a new mainboard with new DAC's, some OdA trickled down optimizations and modifications to support this new DUET interface board. If they're not both required to support this new streaming solution these may be offered seperately as entry level and full level upgrades.

Question is if they'll use a subzero cool network streaming protocol like AES67/Ravenna, a very lame but at least an open one like uPnP, a revised AIR3 functionality wise, or just simply the current Phantom solution and Spark (which could of course also be expanded with functionality like uPnP). I'm afraid it would be this last one.

I'll stop hypothesizing now, time will tell what they're really up to. Smile I'm not changing any of my own plans in any case until all of it is fully disclosed and understood. Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(10-May-2016, 22:46)Antoine Wrote: ....I'm not changing any of my own plans in any case until all of it is fully disclosed and understood. Wink
And there are enough early adopters (or should I say beta testers) to reveal whether it's any good (or actually works). Confused

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<