Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
I've heard floating around (rumour) that there will be a hardware revision, also heard that prices may hike up about 10%.

If both of those rumours are true then surely the upgrade price cannot be much more than the 10% price hike to RRP on the new gen units. My rationale being that you'd be pretty upset if you just this month bought a D200 at full RRP only to the find out that if you had waited and paid an extra 10% you'd have the new gen unit. You would expect Devialet to upgrade your 'old' unit for not much more than the additional 10% of RRP.
Maybe i'm expecting too much?!
(15-May-2016, 05:18)wikeeboy Wrote: I've heard floating around (rumour) that there will be a hardware revision, also heard that prices may hike up about 10%.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...0#pid40810
This month in the Netherlands the whole expert range has a discount of 15%. Don't know if this is an indication for something or not...
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
Deplete stock.....
(15-May-2016, 12:48)iamwappie Wrote: This month in the Netherlands the whole expert range has a discount of 15%. Don't know if this is an indication for something or not...

That programme has been on since 1 April (what a day to announce this!) and ends on 31 May. Basically, buyer trades in an amp for a discount of up to 15%.
Apparently the offer has been extended until 31.08.16. https://twitter.com/hifi_corner/status/7...5784137728

Maybe they are selling off hardware afterall?
With this extended offer it becomes very unlikely however that any announcement about the Expert range will take place befor September!
(17-May-2016, 14:08)Sesondhe Wrote: Apparently the offer has been extended until 31.08.16. https://twitter.com/hifi_corner/status/7...5784137728

Maybe they are selling off hardware afterall?
With this extended offer it becomes very unlikely however that any announcement about the Expert range will take place befor September!

I have just received an email from Devialet stating 'You have only 10 days left to trade-up your old amplifier.  Contact your nearest dealer .......'

Seeing the offer appears to have been extended, this is a very cheeky email from Devialet I think.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(15-May-2016, 05:18)wikeeboy Wrote: I've heard floating around (rumour) that there will be a hardware revision, also heard that prices may hike up about 10%.

If both of those rumours are true then surely the upgrade price cannot be much more than the 10% price hike to RRP on the new gen units. My rationale being that you'd be pretty upset if you just this month bought a D200 at full RRP only to the find out that if you had waited and paid an extra 10% you'd have the new gen unit. You would expect Devialet to upgrade your 'old' unit for not much more than the additional 10% of RRP.

Heard the same too about hardware upgrade, and that includes a bigger power supply and a new board and DAC. Not sure about the price but I thought I heard that Od'A owners will get the upgrade free. I hope it's true Big Grin
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
So you can trade your amp in. So that you can trade up to what, exactly?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England