Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
OdA though can be upgraded to 1000+ but the hardware version will not be upgraded from 5.5 to 6.0. I wonder what will be the difference. Now I just have to wait for the formal announcement before deciding on OdA or 1000+.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(14-Jun-2016, 09:16)hk6230 Wrote: OdA though can be upgraded to 1000+ but the hardware version will not be upgraded from 5.5 to 6.0. I wonder what will be the difference. Now I just have to wait for the formal announcement before deciding on OdA or 1000+.

5.5? What is this?

My understanding is that there will be both a software and hardware upgrade, but I don't have specific details.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Conflicting information again - divide and conquer - although I hope that will not be the case.

OdA is supposed to be v5.5 hardware platform, more advanced than the v5 of the 800.

v6.0 will be an upgrade of v5.5 plus what alphafox mentioned earlier.

Don't see why they can't just replace the OdA internals with that of the 1000 and keep the rose gold case.
(14-Jun-2016, 09:16)hk6230 Wrote: OdA though can be upgraded to 1000+ but the hardware version will not be upgraded from 5.5 to 6.0. I wonder what will be the difference. Now I just have to wait for the formal announcement before deciding on OdA or 1000+.

hk, you are looking to fatt fatt ?
(14-Jun-2016, 10:49)nicoludio Wrote: Conflicting information again - divide and conquer - although I hope that will not be the case.

OdA is supposed to be v5.5 hardware platform, more advanced than the v5 of the 800.

v6.0 will be an upgrade of v5.5 plus what alphafox mentioned earlier.

Don't see why they can't just replace the OdA internals with that of the 1000 and keep the rose gold case.

That is what will happen - can you imagine the opposite in their premium product?
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Devialet doesn't have a distributor in Japan anymore, upgrading will be a pia...

I'll most probably devote the cash to something else this time around.

cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
An upgrade or a chance to choose upgrade or not should be very enjoyable except it is Devialet's PR who makes the arrangement.
(14-Jun-2016, 12:41)bernardl Wrote: Devialet doesn't have a distributor in Japan anymore, upgrading will be a pia...

I'll most probably devote the cash to something else this time around.

cheers,
Bernard

Bernard - I guess it is cheaper to send the amp directly to Devialet than to have it upgraded in Japan by Stella.  The last time I upgraded from D-Premier to D250, there was a bid difference between Euro price and JPY price.
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha
True, the D250 upgrade in Japan was a total rip off, but Stella isn't importer any longer anyway.

You are right that shipping may end up being a better option, but it isn't convenient.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(14-Jun-2016, 15:00)bernardl Wrote: True, the D250 upgrade in Japan was a total rip off, but Stella isn't importer any longer anyway.

You are right that shipping may end up being a better option, but it isn't convenient.

Cheers,
Bernard

Whos in general does the upgrades? Devialet in France or the distributor?
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands