Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
(28-Jul-2016, 01:01)Celts88 Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 00:52)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Here's a question I haven't thought of before; does the upgrade come with another 5 year warranty? If I'm right, that's what happened with the D-Premier, didn't it?

Pim

Reply I got from Devialet Support:

The warranty is indeed renewed. 

That's great for you mate. You could have some of the cheapest  and most exclusive (black) 1000Pros around. I bet you're happy the upgrade is nowhere near the 22 grand you were quoted before. Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Jul-2016, 01:23)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 01:01)Celts88 Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 00:52)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Here's a question I haven't thought of before; does the upgrade come with another 5 year warranty? If I'm right, that's what happened with the D-Premier, didn't it?

Pim

That's great for you mate. You could have some of the cheapest  and most exclusive (black) 1000Pros around. I bet you're happy the upgrade is nowhere near the 22 grand you were quoted before. Smile

My local dealer is still saying $22k for the upgrade, so don't know what's going on - $8.8k in Europe, but $22k in Oz Huh
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(28-Jul-2016, 01:26)Celts88 Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 01:23)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 01:01)Celts88 Wrote: Pim

My local dealer is still saying $22k for the upgrade, so don't know what's going on - $8.8k in Europe, but $22k in Oz Huh

It's like the house prices mate. I came to Australia in 2002 and life was great. Since then everything has gotten so much more expensive that the average Joe can't even afford rent anymore. I don't suppose your dealer is the only Devialet dealer in Perth and thinks that whilst he's got the monopoly he might as well make the best (for him) of it?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Jul-2016, 01:56)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 01:26)Celts88 Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 01:23)Pim van Vliet Wrote: That's great for you mate. You could have some of the cheapest  and most exclusive (black) 1000Pros around. I bet you're happy the upgrade is nowhere near the 22 grand you were quoted before. Smile

It's like the house prices mate. I came to Australia in 2002 and life was great. Since then everything has gotten so much more expensive that the average Joe can't even afford rent anymore. I don't suppose your dealer is the only Devialet dealer in Perth and thinks that whilst he's got the monopoly he might as well make the best (for him) of it?
That does not sound right??
WTL TT / HP laptop (JRiver) / Devialet 400 / Marten Django / Crystal Cable

Sydney Australia
(28-Jul-2016, 02:22)Philb Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 01:56)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 01:26)Celts88 Wrote: My local dealer is still saying $22k for the upgrade, so don't know what's going on - $8.8k in Europe, but $22k in Oz Huh

I really don't think it's the dealer.

Yesterday the dealer actually forwarded to me (without any prompt) the email being sent out by Devialet for the upgrade costing's noting single D-Premier to 250Pro 3490Euro and D800 to 1000Pro 5990Euro.

The dealer has been corresponding with the Australian Distributor, so as far as I'm aware all of the figures are coming from them. I've asked if he can go back and check to see if the figures being quoted to him are correct (basically double what I would expect so hoping just an error that they made by mistake when quoting D-P upgrade x 2).

Hopefully just a simple mistake, but if $22k (15kEuro) is correct then something fishy going on  Dodgy
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(28-Jul-2016, 03:45)Celts88 Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 02:22)Philb Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 01:56)Pim van Vliet Wrote: It's like the house prices mate. I came to Australia in 2002 and life was great. Since then everything has gotten so much more expensive that the average Joe can't even afford rent anymore. I don't suppose your dealer is the only Devialet dealer in Perth and thinks that whilst he's got the monopoly he might as well make the best (for him) of it?

I really don't think it's the dealer.

Yesterday the dealer actually forwarded to me (without any prompt) the email being sent out by Devialet for the upgrade costing's noting single D-Premier to 250Pro 3490Euro and D800 to 1000Pro 5990Euro.

The dealer has been corresponding with the Australian Distributor, so as far as I'm aware all of the figures are coming from them. I've asked if he can go back and check to see if the figures being quoted to him are correct (basically double what I would expect so hoping just an error that they made by mistake when quoting D-P upgrade x 2).

Hopefully just a simple mistake, but if $22k (15kEuro) is correct then something fishy going on  Dodgy

For the extra money you could fly to Paris business class, spend some time getting drunk and eating soft cheese with the locals and have your D-Premiers upgraded and well under your arms when you come back from your trip. I know what I would do.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(27-Jul-2016, 21:42)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-Jul-2016, 10:15)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 23:40)IanG-UK Wrote: Those of us who chose the 800 to OdA route have paid the most, absolutely and probably proportionately too. Maybe a bad choice, but my choice, so given that Devialet is now taking us to the 1000P level for free, we have little to grumble about.

Little to grumble about?

How about:

- the fact that the 1000 Pro was launched so soon after the O d'A (a limited edition, anniversary edition), the fact that we had to endure months of rumours of a "better model" coming out thanks to those dealers that couldn't keep their mouths shut; the fact that the O d'A was devalued resulting in a number of units being sold at a discount

- the complete lack of transparency and confusion surrounding the details of the O d'A upgrade

- the fact that O d'A owners will now be the last to be upgraded to full 1000 Pro status

Big Grin

Guillaume

No idea what sort of money changes hands from 800>OdA but I can imagine more than £5500.

Question is, had you known, could (or would) you have held off for a new model in the future knowing the OdA was available right there and then? Especially since the new model wouldn't have had the exclusive colour, name, and signed plate.

Whatever the answer it's a sad day for Devialet that you're even slightly bemused about it Guillaume. I could taste the excitement in your posts as you put the for sale ad up for the 800 before the OdA was even available... A real leap of faith.

I spent about £12k of my hard earned cash to finance the upgrade. No discounts on the O d'A.

And I would never have done this without a thorough home demo, which is what I did before committing to the purchase from OAC.

Around the same time I auditioned a number of other solutions including a massively capable Constellation Audio rig which blew my socks off. 

So a leap of faith? Not really.

The O d'A is extraordinary sounding (way better than my 800, and by quite a margin) and the recent addition of 100W has certainly improved things.

But none of this distracts from my list of "grumbles" listed above. It's a wonderful product that has been botched from a commercial perspective, although from Devialet's perspective that's probably not how it seems since they managed to sell 99 of them in one fell swoop. No wonder this rekindled their interest in the Expert series.  Wink

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(28-Jul-2016, 09:33)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(27-Jul-2016, 21:42)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-Jul-2016, 10:15)GuillaumeB Wrote: Little to grumble about?

How about:

- the fact that the 1000 Pro was launched so soon after the O d'A (a limited edition, anniversary edition), the fact that we had to endure months of rumours of a "better model" coming out thanks to those dealers that couldn't keep their mouths shut; the fact that the O d'A was devalued resulting in a number of units being sold at a discount

- the complete lack of transparency and confusion surrounding the details of the O d'A upgrade

- the fact that O d'A owners will now be the last to be upgraded to full 1000 Pro status

Big Grin

Guillaume

No idea what sort of money changes hands from 800>OdA but I can imagine more than £5500.

Question is, had you known, could (or would) you have held off for a new model in the future knowing the OdA was available right there and then? Especially since the new model wouldn't have had the exclusive colour, name, and signed plate.

Whatever the answer it's a sad day for Devialet that you're even slightly bemused about it Guillaume. I could taste the excitement in your posts as you put the for sale ad up for the 800 before the OdA was even available... A real leap of faith.

I spent about £12k of my hard earned cash to finance the upgrade. No discounts on the O d'A.

And I would never have done this without a thorough home demo, which is what I did before committing to the purchase from OAC.

Around the same time I auditioned a number of other solutions including a massively capable Constellation Audio rig which blew my socks off. 

So a leap of faith? Not really.

The O d'A is extraordinary sounding (way better than my 800, and by quite a margin) and the recent addition of 100W has certainly improved things.

But none of this distracts from my list of "grumbles" listed above. It's a wonderful product that has been botched from a commercial perspective, although from Devialet's perspective that's probably not how it seems since they managed to sell 99 of them in one fell swoop. No wonder this rekindled their interest in the Expert series.  Wink

Guillaume

Wow! Constellation. Now that is some serious money. Are you saying the O d'A sounded better or the price difference between them was so high it wasn't worth it?
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Jul-2016, 09:57)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Wow! Constellation. Now that is some serious money. Are you saying the O d'A sounded better or the price difference between them was so high it wasn't worth it?

I am talking Constellation Inspiration Series so not crazy crazy money although yes a bit more than the O d'A.  Tongue

The O d'A was £23k and the Constellation was £29k for the two monoblocks and preamp. Of course you need to add the cost of a DAC to that too not to mention cables to connect all these boxes together. 

I had the Constellation gear in my listening room for several weeks and it was pure bliss. I was seriously sad to see it go but in the end I just could not justify £50k or whatever it was. For half the price the O d'A got me very close. The 800 didn't stand a chance against that kind of company.

But it was a good education in terms of what can be achieved, sound-wise, and I'm glad I did it. There is no substitute to an extended home demo.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(28-Jul-2016, 10:08)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(28-Jul-2016, 09:57)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Wow! Constellation. Now that is some serious money. Are you saying the O d'A sounded better or the price difference between them was so high it wasn't worth it?

I am talking Constellation Inspiration Series so not crazy crazy money although yes a bit more than the O d'A.  Tongue

The O d'A was £23k and the Constellation was £29k for the two monoblocks and preamp. Of course you need to add the cost of a DAC to that too not to mention cables to connect all these boxes together. 

I had the Constellation gear in my listening room for several weeks and it was pure bliss. I was seriously sad to see it go but in the end I just could not justify £50k or whatever it was. For half the price the O d'A got me very close. The 800 didn't stand a chance against that kind of company.

But it was a good education in terms of what can be achieved, sound-wise, and I'm glad I did it. There is no substitute to an extended home demo.

Guillaume

So the cheapest Constellation range blew the O d'A out of the water-ish. I can only imagine what their top line would do...and cost Sad
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.