Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New pros
There’s a new pro140 and 210 dual, “cheaper”.
Le120-Aries-RP10/Apheta-Magnat MCD850-Tannoy DC8-Cabledyne&Anticables
Looking at Devialet's website it looks like we have a cheaper dual mono, but the 440 Pro has gone up in price by £1420 and the 1000 Pro retail price has increased by £2000.

That's one way to introduce a cheaper dual mono version, introduce significant price rises for the existing dual mono versions.  Curiously, the price for the 220 Pro appears to be unchanged.

Good news perhaps for those of us that already have a dual mono unit, as this should help to support second hand prices.  Good news for 130 Pro owners too, a 10 watt upgrade for free! Shy

Also rather curious, the 140 Pro now appears to be £500 cheaper than the old 130 Pro.  Things Devialet rarely make much sense ....... Huh
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Companion units:
The companion units will be discontinued and will no longer be produced in the future. There is only a sale of our stock. To upgrade from stereo to dual mono, you only need to purchase a second amplifier and a digital cable!!! (Devialet Homepage)
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Good to see the 250 back as a bona fide model.

The 120s and 220s were great buys, the 120 in particular.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(10-Jul-2018, 18:00)K4680 Wrote: Companion units:
The companion units will be discontinued and will no longer be produced in the future. There is only a sale of our stock. To upgrade from stereo to dual mono, you only need to purchase a second amplifier and a digital cable!!! (Devialet Homepage)

Would the current "old stock" of companions therefore be on sale? Or am I misunderstanding this.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
Maybe not new info, but interesting:

"WHY IS THE OUTPUT POWER IN DUAL-MONO MODE NOT ALWAYS TWICE THE OUTPUT POWER OF THE STEREO MODE?

The ideal situation is to have no limitation in terms of thermal dissipation and current availability. This is the case with the 250 Pro where the output power in dual-mono is then 4 times higher than the output power in stereo (the output power P goes from 250W to 1000W as the output voltage U is multiplied by 2 in dual-mono and P=U2/R). With the 220 Pro, the casing is limiting the thermal dissipation in dual-mono mode and therefore the output power is only multiplied by 2. With the 140 Pro, the class D board is limiting the current availability and therefore the output power is only multiplied by 1.5."

Found here: https://www.devialet.com/en-us/expert-21...amplifier/
(10-Jul-2018, 19:52)Drifter Wrote:
(10-Jul-2018, 18:00)K4680 Wrote: Companion units:

Would the current "old stock" of companions therefore be on sale? Or am I misunderstanding this.

My understanding (although I could be wrong), is that any Companion (220 or 250) that was sent in for the CI upgrade was essentially returned as a full 220 or 250.  I'm pretty sure that happened with the CI update but I suppose it could have occurred with the Pro update.    Can anyone confirm this?    

It didn't impact me because I was already running two full-up 220s as a 440.

I think it's a smart move on Devialet's part to streamline the product line, making it 3 tier with the ability to make each dual mono.

140/210
220/440
250/1000

Now if only they can explain the naming/numbering assignments ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
“Now if only they can explain the naming/numbering assignments ;-)“

See the post above? Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(11-Jul-2018, 06:37)Hifi_swlon Wrote: “Now if only they can explain the naming/numbering assignments ;-)“

See the post above? Wink

Hah!  I just meant the logic (or lack thereof) to the numbering.   I suppose it was initially meant to model the power ratings but that doesn't really explain the 210.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(11-Jul-2018, 14:07)mdconnelly Wrote:
(11-Jul-2018, 06:37)Hifi_swlon Wrote: “Now if only they can explain the naming/numbering assignments ;-)“

See the post above? Wink

Hah!  I just meant the logic (or lack thereof) to the numbering.   I suppose it was initially meant to model the power ratings but that doesn't really explain the 210.

"With the 140 Pro, the class D board is limiting the current availability and therefore the output power is only multiplied by 1.5."

140 x 1.5 = 210 Smile

It might just have been clearer/neater though, to limit the 140 to 105 and then it could be doubled (and would possibly make upgrading more desirable too)