Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Roon
How do you seasoned Roon users put up with the vapid postcard homily that appears when you open Roon?

Is it possible to disable it,otherwise I would put it at the same level of annoyance as microsoft's Paperclip.

Seriously.
You are not alone: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/please-...n/12712/27
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(18-Jul-2017, 22:08)ovo Wrote: How do you seasoned Roon users put up with the vapid postcard homily that appears when you open Roon?

Is it possible to disable it,otherwise I would put it at the same level of annoyance as microsoft's Paperclip.

Seriously.

Use RoonServer, and iOS remotes and you never see it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(18-Jul-2017, 22:21)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(18-Jul-2017, 22:08)ovo Wrote: How do you seasoned Roon users put up with the vapid postcard homily that appears when you open Roon?

Seriously.

Use RoonServer, and iOS remotes and you never see it.
So I have to install another program in order to avoid someone's vanity card, and this after banging my head against Roon's refusal to find my network disk with my music library.

Hint for any fellow sufferers : You have to enable 'Share files and folders using SMB' in File Sharing options of OSX.

Not had a good day - and I find it difficult to navigate the Roon forum because any question generates answers which relate to every Roon build since the year dot, most of which no longer apply.

Is there an idiot's guide (I know I qualify) that walks you through the basic set up for today's build using today's OSX for Mac users?

That said, it seems to work and I like some of the presentation and editing features, I'm not sure that sound quality is better than Audirvana+ which I have been using for several years and which has been stable throughout.

Tomorrow may be better.
Thnx! Very helpful as I am also an absolute novice with Roon. Just starting to see if I can get it running. Just found out my iPad is too old, so not sure how I will manage at the moment. Not feeling like buying a new iPad just to try out Roon and Air.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands

Seriously.
It doesn't worry me in the slightest.  I know my life is being put on hold for about a whole thirty second as the software loads - they could instead have shown bouncing balls or something similar.  I would definitely classify this as a first world problem!

The secret, of course, is to keep Roon running - then you don't have to see it at all.
(19-Jul-2017, 02:20)kerkhoffd Wrote: Thnx! Very helpful as I am also an absolute novice with Roon. Just starting to see if I can get it running. Just found out my iPad is too old, so not sure how I will manage at the moment. Not feeling like buying a new iPad just to try out Roon and Air.

You don't need an iPad (or similar IOS or Android device - you can run Roon from a mobile (cell) phone). You can run Roon directly from your PC.  The iPad or similar, is extremely useful if your PC that has Roon loaded is located in another room.
Will, It's not the waiting,it's the smugness which says:

"Drink deep from the well of musical culture which only I can provide, see how your life is better now"

I no longer unplug the TV at night to save the valves, but don't want to leave the iMac which I use as my Roon Core running 24/7.
An alternative view is that these are quotes from famous musicians and composers, I would have thought anyone who was a music fan in the wider sense would find them at least of passing interest.

I can't for the life of me understand why people get so worked up about tiny little things!
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Chris,

I apologise,I have just realised that elsewhere on this forum lives are saved every day and major advances are being made in medical science, and here I am babbling about shiny boxes.

One day I hope to be a music fan in the wider sense and can appreciate being spoon fed someone else's selections from the words of the greats.