Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Gold Delay (& strategic thoughts on the company overall)
(20-Jul-2016, 15:23)seyak Wrote: Not sure what is going on internally but if it is a production issue, may be should outsource the manufacturing to China and focus on their core strengths which is R&D and design. This is exactly what Apple has been doing for ages. Why waste your talents on low end work?

I spoke to a Devialet customer care and they mentioned that the Gold will likely ship in September.... is anyone else hearing this date? If true, this would be a pretty significant delay  Sad
***MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMENT***

Guys,

I'm going to have to lock this thread if things continue to deteriorate. 

Devialet Chat is a truly global owners club founded on the premise of mutual respect and tolerance for one another. We do not tolerate derogatory remarks around nationality and national stereotyping.

I am happy to draw a line under this now, however if this perseveres I will take a zero tolerance attitude and cull posts and members. I appreciate there is a lot of frustration at the moment but please, let us not take it out on one other. 

Thank you  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Smile 
(20-Jul-2016, 15:40)GuillaumeB Wrote: ***MODERATOR ANNOUNCEMENT***

Guys,

I'm going to have to lock this thread if things continue to deteriorate. 

Devialet Chat is a truly global owners club founded on the premise of mutual respect and tolerance for one another. We do not tolerate derogatory remarks around nationality and national stereotyping.

I am happy to draw a line under this now, however if this perseveres I will take a zero tolerance attitude and cull posts and members. I appreciate there is a lot of frustration at the moment but please, let us not take it out on one other. 

Thank you  Smile

Guillaume

Huge Thank You GuillaumeB.  Smile
(20-Jul-2016, 13:23)JohnnySix Wrote: Yeah, right on, bloomin' French. I'd rather they'd never even invented ADH technology in the first place, if they're not going to give us improvements to it when they promised. And don't get me started on the French Space Programme... they could really learn a thing or two from the British on that one.

Hahahaha..... this is just a bit of friendly banter. The British -> French rivalry.

But i agree wholeheartedly about the over the top promotion which i really dont like and then the delays in bringing product to market. No one held a gun to thier head to announce this early.  They have created thier own bad press.
Just want to say that Micromega M ONE is more than one year delayed. Probably release in september. :-)
(21-Jul-2016, 08:16)Toni Wrote: Just want to say that Micromega M ONE is  more than one year delayed. Probably release in september. :-)

No, there are other companies that do this!!!! no surely only one could be so dastardly Tongue
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers