Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noise with DoP track change
(24-May-2015, 14:36)rwjr44 Wrote: Sounds like Devialet may have a bit of work to do. I play many DSF files (most ripped from SACDs) and don't have this problem.

What software did you use to rip the DSF files from SACDs?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(06-Jul-2015, 09:20)miro Wrote:
(24-May-2015, 14:36)rwjr44 Wrote: Sounds like Devialet may have a bit of work to do. I play many DSF files (most ripped from SACDs) and don't have this problem.

What software did you use to rip the DSF files from SACDs?

Wink Well, it is a convoluted process. 1) You need an older PS3 that reads SACDs and whose firmware can be modified. 2) Rip the SACDs in ISO format to your PC/Mac. 3) You parse the ISO to give you DSF or DFF files ready to be played. The software for this is available at: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-so...-2-a-7495/ which is part 2 of a long thread which discusses the gain and pain of the process. It is a must read and will save you from many problems. Finally 4) There are people who will rip your SACDs for free. See http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=105203.0 . Many folks with small (and some with large) collections use this. I have a few ethical concerns i.e. Do the rippers keep a copy of your SACD? Most people don't share these concerns. However there seems to be a number of SACD torrents available which I don't use.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Do the rippers keep a copy of your SACD?

You pose rhetorically perhaps but answer is "of course they do" and if they deny it I remain unconvinced. Not so much a skeptic as pragmatist regards human nature. How do many music file libraries be taken for free? Drives/devices that are sent back for repair. We've spent thousands, if not tens of thousand building our libraries and countless hours copying, tagging and so on. In short time the repair person(s) copy every file on your drive. Be smart people. Sent an empty drive back with your device..and stay away from those virus-laden music file torrents.
This problem is still not solved, is it? Still getting clicks at the start of tracks, pretty annoying.
Devialet 250PRO - Audio Physic Avantera - AIR-ETH - Roon