Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not showing External Source anymore ( Toslink In)
after an up-date there is no showing of the external input* choice in Spark App ( *my Sonos)
any tip on how to get the External Source showing again in Spark ?
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
Tried a factory reset or a simple restart of the system?

Edit: Which update have you received? Is it a new firmware update?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
In Spark settings select Devices and check that Optical is 'switched on' for the device to which your Sonos is connected.
(04-Jul-2016, 13:04)ragwo Wrote: Tried a factory reset or a simple restart of the system?

Edit: Which update have you received? Is it a new firmware update?

No... I had to reset ( re-boot) the system and then suddenly the icon showing the toslink input dissiperad. will try a full factory reset ( have been lucky not having to do many of them until now)
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
(05-Jul-2016, 09:15)acronnolly Wrote: In Spark settings select Devices and check that Optical is 'switched on' for the device to which your Sonos is connected.

Think I have already been into all options..but will do it once more maybe I overlooked something.
Strange, have you contacted Devialet support or sent a bug report in Spark?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(05-Jul-2016, 09:15)acronnolly Wrote: In Spark settings select Devices and check that Optical is 'switched on' for the device to which your Sonos is connected.

THANK YOU Acronnolly !
it was simple as that finding that setting under devices, a bit embarrassing for a former sound engineer.

Bad news though...now I got the static sound* that users have been talking about when using Toslink input via Spark
* It sounds like a scratched old vinyl record but I do listen to song that that sometimes have that fake vinyl sound...now I do have it on all songs.. funny thing most people would not notice it.
If you are using the Dialog optical input the situation may be improved if you connect via one of the Phantoms instead. I understand there is a problem with the Dialog optical input and a firmware fix is expected.