Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High quality music
(21-Jul-2019, 20:18)JDtheJD Wrote: One of the complaints I have about the Golds is that I bought them in order to have an improved listening experience over that which I would typically have with either Sonos or even my strictly mid-fi setup.
I replaced a high end setup costing many times more with a pair of Gold. I also have Sonos Play 5s.

Suggest treating the Golds like a pair of good speakers rather than upmarket Sonos players. Avoid putting them on furniture, tuck them into corners etc. Place the Golds on speaker stands in an equilateral triangle with the main listening position. 

I also found that UPnP to be better than optical, Airplay and Bluetooth. I am using MinimServer and BubbleUpnp App on Android. BubbleUpnp can directly access Tidal as well. Sorry, I am not an Apple person, so not sure how UPnP can be setup in a Mac Mini. 
Thanks. I will see if I can figure out a way to use UPnP and report back if I have any success.
(21-Jul-2019, 23:34)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(21-Jul-2019, 20:18)JDtheJD Wrote: One of the complaints I have about the Golds is that I bought them in order to have an improved listening experience over that which I would typically have with either Sonos or even my strictly mid-fi setup.
I replaced a high end setup costing many times more with a pair of Gold. I also have Sonos Play 5s.

Suggest treating the Golds like a pair of good speakers rather than upmarket Sonos players. Avoid putting them on furniture, tuck them into corners etc. Place the Golds on speaker stands in an equilateral triangle with the main listening position. 

I also found that UPnP to be better than optical, Airplay and Bluetooth. I am using MinimServer and BubbleUpnp App on Android. BubbleUpnp can directly access Tidal as well. Sorry, I am not an Apple person, so not sure how UPnP can be setup in a Mac Mini. 
Hello Snoopy8, on what equipment are you running the UPnP?
Audio Server | Roon Nucleus - Lifetime
Network | SOtM sNH-10G - sCLK-EX - Evox Cap - 7NUPOCC - eABS-200
Speakers | 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold+Dialog
Re-Clocker | Mutec MC-3+USB
Cables | AES/EBU, RJ/Ethernet, USB, Toslink | AQ Diamond, Cinnamon
Power | SOtM sPS-1000 | SBooster |ISOTEK Sirius | PS Audio Dectet & AC3 
Power Cables | AQ Blizzard, Monsoon, NRG-Z3, Nordost Purple Flare
(23-Jul-2019, 17:14)Dr. Wrote: Hello Snoopy8, on what equipment are you running the UPnP?
Am running Minimserver with Convolution on an IntelNUC.
(13-Jul-2019, 13:59)eladeb Wrote: Hi all,
Since having the phantom gold iv always stream via wifi musicvia deezer hifi/Spotify etc.
Looking for a more higher quality way of listening.
Please advice.

Regards,
Hello Eladeb

Have you had a chance to improve the sound quality of your Phantoms?
Audio Server | Roon Nucleus - Lifetime
Network | SOtM sNH-10G - sCLK-EX - Evox Cap - 7NUPOCC - eABS-200
Speakers | 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold+Dialog
Re-Clocker | Mutec MC-3+USB
Cables | AES/EBU, RJ/Ethernet, USB, Toslink | AQ Diamond, Cinnamon
Power | SOtM sPS-1000 | SBooster |ISOTEK Sirius | PS Audio Dectet & AC3 
Power Cables | AQ Blizzard, Monsoon, NRG-Z3, Nordost Purple Flare
(17-Aug-2019, 18:28)Dr. Wrote:
(13-Jul-2019, 13:59)eladeb Wrote: Hi all,
Since having the phantom gold iv always stream via wifi musicvia deezer hifi/Spotify etc.
Looking for a more higher quality way of listening.
Please advice.

Regards,
Hello Eladeb

Have you had a chance to improve the sound quality of your Phantoms?

I have: with audioquest Z3 powercables. Supra cat8 and Sotm iso cat6 special edition ethernetcables and Snoosters Mk2 to modem, router and switch.
I hope this is the right thread to post this on but I recently had my best ever sound from my pair of Phantom Silvers. This may seem like an odd combination but playing MQA files from my iPhone's Tidal app over AirPlay on the Dialogue has produced some of the sweetest sounding music yet. The imaging seems tighter and the overall sound is more liquid and enjoyable.

Make sure you're using the latest version of the Tidal app on iPhone (older versions don't have MQA). I realise this doesn't allow for the full unfolding but gets you at least part way there without a lot of extra kit in between. Would love to know if others have similar results.

James