Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One week countdown...
(08-Sep-2020, 00:42)bernardl Wrote: I believe that my fortune teller is probably more reliable than special connections. At least that's what I read in the coffee stains last week.

She is pretty optimistic about something coming pretty soon. Before the first snow falls she said.

Cheers,
Bernard

I'm sure we can trust your fortune teller implicitly but we need more info to understand what she is saying. Is she in the northern hemisphere (next snow fall late this year) or the southern hemisphere (next snow fall in the middle of next year) or in the tropics in either hemisphere (next snow fall when hell freezes over)? I am of course assuming that she meant the first snow fall of the next snow season when you say "when the first snow falls" because if you mean the first snow fall in absolute terms, then that snow fall came and went millennia ago and your fortune teller has really got it wrong.

At least fortune tellers are like Devialet in one respect, they always leave you wanting a bit more precise information. In this case that could mean your fortune teller has received inside information and really does know as much as Devialet knows about when we're going to see an update.

[Image: smile.gif]
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(08-Sep-2020, 03:08)David A Wrote:
(08-Sep-2020, 00:42)bernardl Wrote: I believe that my fortune teller is probably more reliable than special connections. At least that's what I read in the coffee stains last week.

She is pretty optimistic about something coming pretty soon. Before the first snow falls she said.

Cheers,
Bernard

I'm sure we can trust your fortune teller implicitly but we need more info to understand what she is saying. Is she in the northern hemisphere (next snow fall late this year) or the southern hemisphere (next snow fall in the middle of next year) or in the tropics in either hemisphere (next snow fall when hell freezes over)? I am of course assuming that she meant the first snow fall of the next snow season when you say "when the first snow falls" because if you mean the first snow fall in absolute terms, then that snow fall came and went millennia ago and your fortune teller has really got it wrong.

At least fortune tellers are like Devialet in one respect, they always leave you wanting a bit more precise information. In this case that could mean your fortune teller has received inside information and really does know as much as Devialet knows about when we're going to see an update.

[Image: smile.gif]

Those are important questions David, thank you. My fortune teller is definitely a fine music lover.

Since she is clearly a Northern hemisphere person who is close to nature, I believe she might have meant no later than November?

:-)

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Quote:Since she is clearly a Northern hemisphere person who is close to nature, I believe she might have meant no later than November?

As a newly joined member to this forum (hi!), and having just acquired an Expert 200, I'm curious about a couple of things:

What update is expected/hoped for? Is it just a token update to demonstrate that engineering resources are still being made, or something more significant? Is it software or hardware that is hoped for?

In another vein, as an owner of a 200, I am mindful that I have an opportunity to upgrade to a 220 (for a price). Is it worth waiting before doing that, or would it make more sense to do that now?
There are 2 parts to it:
1. Resolution of some issues, starting with the ethernet connectivity issues impacting mostly Raat (Roon protocol) with switches ports supporting speeds faster than 100 Mb/s
2. Delivery of additional functional improvements that had been hinted such as Airplay 2 support, room correction,... who knows, further sound quality refinement,...

My fortune teller is focusing on #1 for now...

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Thanks. I assumed that AirPlay 2 was a given already.

Any thoughts on whether to wait on upgrading an Expert 200 vs holding off from doing so? I'd hate to spend the time and money and then have a D220+ or D225 or something like that (ie. a hardware bump) appear soon after.
Hi @mbd , welcome to the forum! Regarding hardware updates, your guess is as good as anyone’s. Smile There’s nothing indicating there’s something being worked on but as Devialet is quite secretive that doesn’t tell us much. They did just drop the prices for new upgrades so this would not indicate any imminent new upgrades.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Hi all,

I inquired on the Devialet fb page if their non-communication on the Expert line is a deliberate policy, and got this answer:

"We communicate on Expert Pro in a more targeted way than Phantom, via our dealers and retailers, on Devialet help, and through newsletters. You'll be hearing from us very shortly! Have a pleasant weekend 🙂"

So there will be something to expect soon, hold your breath!!! *******drum roll*******
So the Devialet Expert line should be called Expect line, Expect Pro and Expect...... Tongue Tongue Big Grin
Wait... I've been hearing about a Newsletter for at least a year or more but have yet to se one despite having signed up for one. I had a response from support a good while ago indicating that Devialet communicates with customers about the Expert line via the Newsletter, but when I asked where I could find them, nothing but crickets. Has anyone received a Devialet Newsletter that was more than just marketing material? Pretty sure it falls with many such promises not yet kept.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I asked now about the newsletter, feel free to chime in Big Grin