Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open letter to devialet - input from you?
(28-Sep-2018, 19:07)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Good luck to you guys but I’d be very surprised if history didn’t repeat itself - meaning you’ll probably get a response with a load of promises which will ultimately not be delivered. Still, worth trying - but I’d shove the whole thing on their social media pages. Out of sight tends to stay very much out of mind with Devialet.

I woke this morning to find this email from Devialet. I imagine that means they have read the letter already - well it is an open letter. I agree that it should be more widely publicised and put on their social media page, though we can do that at any time and perhaps there is a more collaborative way to work with them first. From reading this forum I can see that there have been many attempts in the past to get some real commitment and communications from them which have failed. I hope that they have learned from that - and I am an optimist at heart. All of our interests are aligned - though clearly fixing and enhancing phantom (rather than not) will cost them money, winning over a bunch like us will really make their brand stand out, in a good way. I’ll report back after my chat - keeping everything public - in this forum at least to start with.

Dear Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to write your very thorough letter. We always appreciate hearing directly from our customers, especially I of course. And we take your concerns and wish list very seriously.
Would you have a few minutes to talk over the phone on Monday, possibly as of 5pm your time? I understand you are in Sydney and I am based in Paris.
Let me know if that works for you.
Have a nice weekend.

Best,
-- 
Olivier Pacteau
Director of Costumer Experience and Quality
#Cloud. 6 rue Ménars. 75002 PARIS
www.devialet.com

Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.
*Customer

Smile

I was going to say it would be good to get a list of signatures for your letter. Like supporters.

Great that you got a response! Please do keep the responses public and the talk in the spirit you’ve successfully driven this in so far. Can’t wait to hear more.
Yes I will keep it open and have already let them know that. Not sure how they will respond to that. As for signatures - I think the most easy way to start with that would be to get everyone that supports this to reply to this post. I can then add all the usernames to a list. Not sure how to promote this post in this forum. If you know any way to do that it would be great. I don’t know who moderates the forum or how it works.
Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.
Excellent initiative. Thanks so much for the work done. This letter is written how best to be considered by any recipient of good will. It remains to be hoped that Devialet is this kind. I would be deeply disappointed that nothing really happens.
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France
Great work Peter. Could Not agree
More.
Lets hope Devialet Will surprise us in a positive way after all, this year.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Excellent work Peter. I fully support your letter and action! Good luck with the call on Monday. Looking forward to the response(s) from Devialet.

2 Silver Phantoms (firmware 1.14.0.18), 2 Branches/Tree White, Dialog (firmware 1.14.0.18), Remote
Add my user name to the supporters list. I don't own Phantoms, however may consider down the track. I've put my 440Pro CI up for sale (have posted an advert in the For Sale section here) and will be looking to a smaller, simpler setup when/if I sell my 440Pro. The Phantoms maybe on my shopping list,  but @pscampbe list is a reminder and gives me a good reason to look at other options such as Kii Threes and Dutch & Dutch 8c. The Kii Threes are double the price of 2 Gold Phantoms & Dialog (D&D 8c a little less) but do everything and more of what I am looking for in an active speaker system. For example the ability to tailor the speakers to the room aka room correction and more connectivity. The dialog single optical connection for other sources is woefully inadequate, I want a USB connection for my Aurender and a phono input for my turntable for starters. It wouldn't be too hard for Devialet to get a higher spec Dialog out which included a functioning USB input and phono and/or line input, surely they could get the Expert USB input board and phono input board, whack it into a larger dialog box, done! 

I do hope that Devialet take some notice of the Open Letter and wishes of their current and potential customers. Phantom could be such a great HiFi product catering for the lifestyle customer, audiophile customer and anyone else just looking for a simple, small form factor, great sounding audio system. If they get this right, one day everyone will own a Devialet! Maybe!!!
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
(28-Sep-2018, 22:42)pscampbe Wrote: Yes I will keep it open and have already let them know that. Not sure how they will respond to that. As for signatures - I think the most easy way to start with that would be to get everyone that supports this to reply to this post. I can then add all the usernames to a list. Not sure how to promote this post in this forum. If you know any way to do that it would be great. I don’t know who moderates the forum or how it works.

Count me in. Great letter. I am specially keen to hear about possible airplay 2 support and a better solution for home cinema.  Thanks, Pablo
Excellent work! Hopefully Devialet's communication and commitment will improve.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Please, add me too...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk