Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Open letter to devialet - input from you?
Great move !

post a link to this thread with the final version of the letter (on the 1st post) on their FB or Twitter.
Please excuse my poor reputation
(28-Sep-2018, 21:20)pscampbe Wrote: ...... I hope that they have learned from that - and I am an optimist at heart.

I’m sorry to say but they haven’t. Or if they have they’ve done shockingly little to remedy things.

But it’s good to be optimistic, and it’s not like you’re losing anything other than time. Just don’t expect results certainly any time soon.

If the devices are annoying you, honestly - move on to something else. If you can live with the annoyances do that and try and forget about it and enjoy the surprise if one day Devialet pull themselves together.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

The funny things is that they (Devialet) warned us that nothing would change so soon.
They signed most of their support email Sorry, who the hell is this guy !

A year ago i subscribed to a streaming service that was barely working at its launch date... but now it's working flawlessly... guess what they worked hard and made their customers happy by showing the situation was improving week by week.
A quick update. I contacted Olivier from Devialet to follow him up as some requested. He reported that Devialet had an internal meeting to discuss the letter and agreed that they do need to communicate more :-). He could not be definitive as the company needs to decide what to say and who will say it. I bet that’s no small feat. Not making promises here but he seemed confident that something would emerge in October. They read these forums so you could all post on this thread how positively disposed you would be to that aspiration of his. Perhaps that will create the extra incentive needed to make then follow through and help build a more positive bridge between Devialet and their user base. Best wishes all.
Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.
Many thanks for the update. Looking forward to an October announcement.
I’m delighted they’re having meetings to discuss this. I’ll be even more thrilled when they display some humility and some changes in behaviour.

Feeling quietly optimistic we’ve all worked together and made changes for the better!
Given that the software part is based on open-source solutions (gstreamer etc), if firmware updates are not forthcoming, perhaps opening access to the device via ssh/sftp would open the way for modding and upgrades from the community. Competitors have had access to hardware for years and that specific fear (competition learning how platform works internally) is long irrelevant. 
If not doing continuous updates on their own they should open the firmware to community modders. 

Lacking official support, opening firmware for modding is a question of pressure for one brave owner to dismantle the device and read the flash or connect JTAG to the board booting.
Lightbulb 
(04-Oct-2018, 14:19)pscampbe Wrote: A quick update. I contacted Olivier from Devialet to follow him up as some requested. He reported that Devialet had an internal meeting to discuss the letter and agreed that they do need to communicate more :-). He could not be definitive as the company needs to decide what to say and who will say it. I bet that’s no small feat. Not making promises here but he seemed confident that something would emerge in October. They read these forums so you could all post on this thread how positively disposed you would be to that aspiration of his. Perhaps that will create the extra incentive needed to make then follow through and help build a more positive bridge between Devialet and their user base. Best wishes all.

Frankly I thought this open letter was meant to put Devialet under pressure .
There is no benefit for customers if this letter is kept "private" or in a small circle.
My point is to tell the whole world how unhappy we are... then it's up to them to bring us a solution for what we have paid a lot for.... that is what all competitors would do for their customers.

This letter was issued on November 2017 and is saying they took in consideration my feedback which basically was similar to what you wrote in your open letter.
They are not sorry and don't even worry about this situation if you understand what I mean Wink

Devialet said the Phantom product life cycle was at least 10 years

This is not the 1st time the support team is nicely answering someone but the situation is not under control at all.
Proof ?

[Image: Untitled.png]
Devialet have said that there will be a big Phantom update this year. People seem to forget that this year isn’t over.
It’s the same as people who say Apple’s AirPower is dead. Apple said late 2018 and guess what. We’re still in 2018. If they really want to they’ll launch that thing on the last day of the year and it will still be true to their word. People legitimately need to relax.

Devialet also said they were shifting core development temporarily to the Expert line. They’ve done that just like they said and as far as I’ve heard they added things people have been wanting for a long time. I have never lost confidence in their word of an update for Phantom this year and as far as I’m concerned this is over-exaggerated. It’s definitely fair enough and I understand it, but it’s over-exaggerated.

There’s things we’d all like to be fixed or added but Devialet haven’t mislead or lied or sabotaged anyone. They could push a huge update tomorrow and they’d still be absolutely true to their word of ‘this year’.

Not much will change internally or externally because there was no wrongdoing. We’ll get a little PR Statement and then business as usual.

Relax.
If this year finishes and there’s nothing then I’ll be upset, because that’s not being true to their word and that’s misleading. Then we’ve got a problem. You guys are all living in 2020 or something.

It is not possible from a competitive standpoint to communicate all details of future products/software and even if it happened people would still complain that they aren’t doing enough with the next launch or this or that. I don’t see a problem with saying somethings coming and then just dropping it at random so nobody can complain before hand and delay it further because it’s ‘not good enough’ to 50% but is to the other 50%.
Devialet Phantom (White)
(05-Oct-2018, 19:58)kmjy Wrote: Devialet have said that there will be a big Phantom update this year. People seem to forget that this year isn’t over.
It’s the same as people who say Apple’s AirPower is dead. Apple said late 2018 and guess what. We’re still in 2018. If they really want to they’ll launch that thing on the last day of the year and it will still be true to their word. People legitimately need to relax.

Devialet also said they were shifting core development temporarily to the Expert line. They’ve done that just like they said and as far as I’ve heard they added things people have been wanting for a long time. I have never lost confidence in their word of an update for Phantom this year and as far as I’m concerned this is over-exaggerated. It’s definitely fair enough and I understand it, but it’s over-exaggerated.

There’s things we’d all like to be fixed or added but Devialet haven’t mislead or lied or sabotaged anyone. They could push a huge update tomorrow and they’d still be absolutely true to their word of ‘this year’.

Not much will change internally or externally because there was no wrongdoing. We’ll get a little PR Statement and then business as usual.

Relax.
If this year finishes and there’s nothing then I’ll be upset, because that’s not being true to their word and that’s misleading. Then we’ve got a problem. You guys are all living in 2020 or something.

It is not possible from a competitive standpoint to communicate all details of future products/software and even if it happened people would still complain that they aren’t doing enough with the next launch or this or that. I don’t see a problem with saying somethings coming and then just dropping it at random so nobody can complain before hand and delay it further because it’s ‘not good enough’ to 50% but is to the other 50%.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk