Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optical Out aptx hd receiver
FYI:

I bought one of these to hook up to the digital input on the phantom and it works great.  

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Transmitter...B07BR3FFTB

On the lookout for a bluetooth 5.0 receiver that is LDAC compatible.  Does anyone know of a better way to hook up from bluetooth 5.0?  Or when/if Devialet plans on accepting the aptx hd or LDAC codecs?
Interesting...

Were you having problems before?

Thanks.
(24-Jul-2018, 16:22)Dvlt PhD Wrote: Interesting...

Thanks.

No I was not having any problems, just looking for better wireless connections without wifi.  I find using the Spark app painful as when the Phantom restarts in the middle of playing content everything resets.  If I am using the optical in then the music just resumes after the phantom restarts, although I still have to adjust the volume.  Little things like that become big things when it happens often.
(24-Jul-2018, 18:22)Damon Killian Wrote:

Thanks.

No I was not having any problems, just looking for better wireless connections without wifi.  I find using the Spark app painful as when the Phantom restarts in the middle of playing content everything resets.  If I am using the optical in then the music just resumes after the phantom restarts, although I still have to adjust the volume.  Little things like that become big things when it happens often.

Strange, i never have problems like that with the phantoms and spark.
Maybe you have problems with your WiFi and or ethernet?
(25-Jul-2018, 07:58)Johnnydev Wrote:
(24-Jul-2018, 18:22)Damon Killian Wrote:

Thanks.

Its not the network, because it happens also when I am only connected via optical or bluetooth.  It just randomly restarts.  However it seems only to happen once a session and that is only when I unplug it and plug it in a different location.  Then after about a couple of minutes of playing the phantom restarts.  After the restart it then plays without issue.
(25-Jul-2018, 15:40)Damon Killian Wrote:
(25-Jul-2018, 07:58)Johnnydev Wrote:
(24-Jul-2018, 18:22)Damon Killian Wrote:  No I was not having any problems, just looking for better wireless connections without wifi.  I find using the Spark app painful as when the Phantom restarts in the middle of playing content everything resets.  If I am using the optical in then the music just resumes after the phantom restarts, although I still have to adjust the volume.  Little things like that become big things when it happens often.

Its not the network, because it happens also when I am only connected via optical or bluetooth.  It just randomly restarts.  However it seems only to happen once a session and that is only when I unplug it and plug it in a different location.  Then after about a couple of minutes of playing the phantom restarts.  After the restart it then plays without issue.

Hmm... - Not an owner - , maybe ask customer support how long should one wait after changing locations, to avoid restarts during playback after changing locations. You say it happens once after a couple of minutes of playback. Mention that to them. Maybe you're rushing the second location power up playback. (Not that I would know, just sounds like it might need time, at times).
What is the standard Bluetooth protocol used by Phantom? Does it use BT APTX HD? If not, would this device improve sound quality?
(26-Jul-2018, 07:38)Pwalder Wrote: What is the standard Bluetooth protocol used by Phantom? Does it use BT APTX HD? If not, would this device improve sound quality?

Phantom only uses Apt X, which goes up to 16/48khz.  Optical fiber goes up to 24/48khz.  So you should see sound improvement with APTX HD that allows up to 24/48khz.  Correct me if I am wrong.
(26-Jul-2018, 14:20)Damon Killian Wrote:
(26-Jul-2018, 07:38)Pwalder Wrote: What is the standard Bluetooth protocol used by Phantom? Does it use BT APTX HD? If not, would this device improve sound quality?

Phantom only uses Apt X, which goes up to 16/48khz.  Optical fiber goes up to 24/48khz.  So you should see sound improvement with APTX HD that allows up to 24/48khz.  Correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you. I’ve asked Devialet support for there take on this so it will be interesting to see their reply.
(26-Jul-2018, 20:14)Pwalder Wrote:
(26-Jul-2018, 14:20)Damon Killian Wrote:

Thank you. I’ve asked Devialet support for there take on this so it will be interesting to see their reply.

Got a reply from Dev Support but it simply confirmed that a phantom uses APTX. No comments provided regarding APTX HD.