Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing config after power off w/ DOS2
Thanks to the community for maintaining such a great forum.  Hitting my phantom via IP address, both when setup and prior to add WiFi info, has been invaluable.  I wish I had discovered devialetchat years ago.

tl:dr was there ever resolution to the problem described here? https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Must-pai...S-2-update

more details...  I have a very early Phantom HXXEW02, used sparingly with no prior disconnect issues.  Because I'm not very smart, I decided to upgrade it to DOS2.  It had been off for a while and I thought why not (oops).  The features that were removed didn't bother me as I listen via chromecast audio and the optical in.  

The update went fine but the end result is that it is hard to setup via the Devialet app (I connect to the Devialet's WiFi, it detects the device and then falls over trying to add my local network info).  I solved that via the web configuration page (thanks again) but there is another problem.  When powered off it loses WiFi network information, causing me to go through a long setup process each time.  The good news is that when set up it sounds great, but that was true before.

So, I am hoping that there is some solution for power off causing the loss of connection information.  Absent that, has anyone ever managed a downgrade to DOS1?  I have a Dialog I'd be willing to experiment with, but I'd be sad to brick a Phantom.
As I understand it you shouldn't have to use a Dialog with DOS2. Have you tried factory reset with your Phantoms? Also you might delete the Devialet app and reinstall it. Would you give us the details of your wifi setup?
iMac 2021, Roon, home wifi, Devialet Phantom I x 2