Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Original d'Atelier
(27-Nov-2015, 03:19)gray Wrote: Surprisingly already in Australia.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/1...-datelier/

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder and all that, and maybe it looks better in the flesh, but to my eyes it just looks really ugly in that colour.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

If I ever get around to doing a true hi-fi French Country Kitchen listening room with Mauviel or Matfer Bourgeat Copper Cookware and accessories with ceramic chicks & chickens salt & pepper shakers and matching place mats on blue and pastel yellow cotton gingham table cloths etc. Until then, not a chance in my living room!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(27-Nov-2015, 08:59)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(27-Nov-2015, 03:19)gray Wrote: Surprisingly already in Australia.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2015/1...-datelier/

Beauty's in the eye of the beholder and all that, and maybe it looks better in the flesh, but to my eyes it just looks really ugly in that colour.

Yes I too am still unsure if the colour is good, but I am happy to see that the lower right button on the remote is labelled 'Invert', as it is on my 250 remote. Indicates that they have no plans to remove the polarity invert function (even if this function probably is among the less "popular").
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
https://vimeo.com/147053634
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(29-Nov-2015, 18:54)MightyMart Wrote: https://vimeo.com/147053634

Thank You for postindustrialne this link. 

Finish looks much better in video than photos. Copper button plate is especially nice part of this units.
Beautiful.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
It definitely looks nicer in the flesh (in the video) than in the stills.

Still not to my taste - personally I think they nailed it with the dark chrome - but it doesn't look as bad as I thought.  Maybe they couldn't work out a way to hide the copper base so decided to make a feature of it.

After all the talk in other posts here about the speaker terminals not being very good(?), it looks like they kept the same ones?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(30-Nov-2015, 16:01)Hifi_swlon Wrote: It definitely looks nicer in the flesh (in the video) than in the stills.

Still not to my taste - personally I think they nailed it with the dark chrome - but it doesn't look as bad as I thought.  Maybe they couldn't work out a way to hide the copper base so decided to make a feature of it.

After all the talk in other posts here about the speaker terminals not being very good(?), it looks like they kept the same ones?

After all, D900 is just 29.900 and to keep expenses lower they have to put 4x1$ worth of Chinese cast speaker terminals.  Sad
  Hrky
(30-Nov-2015, 17:35)hrky_zmaj Wrote:
(30-Nov-2015, 16:01)Hifi_swlon Wrote: It definitely looks nicer in the flesh (in the video) than in the stills.

After all, D900 is just 29.900 and to keep expenses lower they have to put 4x1$ worth of Chinese cast speaker terminals.  Sad
  Hrky

Well maybe... Having said that many of us were quite happy with the performance of our Devialets, warts n' all. Could it be that all the changes upstream with the new Class D, new PEM and tweaked class A board and SMPS just make the speaker terminals thing a bit less significant in the greater scheme of things? Sometimes upstream is just better  Smile 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(30-Nov-2015, 15:45)rwjr44 Wrote: Beautiful.

I agree, stunning! 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK